Chapter 12: Clearing up the Pieces

Azalea woke early the next morning. As the night before filled her mind she sighed.

I hate Halloween, she thought miserably, getting up she began to make coffee and some American pancakes. Knowing Jeremy would probably wake up soon, the dreamless she had given him would be wearing off.

Footsteps on the stairs confirmed her theory, then the young Gilbert entered her line of view.

"Here," she said handing him the plate and the cup.

"Thanks," he muttered, his eyes flickering to her forehead and back.

"No one knows who I am here Jere, I would like to keep it that way."

"I won't tell anyone. Thanks for stopping them from compelling me." he said, his sad eyes looking into hers.

"Yeah, well blocking isn't the answer with something like this." She said sipping her own coffee.

"I mean it, thank you,"

"No problem, Jere." She smiled. "Hey I'm gunna go get dressed, can you put this in the dishwasher?"

"Yeah, sure, no problem." He smiled leaning to grab her plate. She smiled, making her way upstairs. She checked the weather on her phone, before grabbing jeans and a light blue jumper. She heard the phone, buzz.

Lea can you come over?

She frowned at the younger vampire's message.

Yeah, just let me finish sorting Jeremy out. Why? Has Damon done something?

She watched anxiously as the dots danced on the screen.

No, no it's not Damon.

She frowned, what else could have happened?

Ok I am on my way

She stuffed the phone into her bag and made her way downstairs. Jeremy pressed the start button and the whooshing of water roared in the machine.

"Thank you. I'd hate to be a bad host, but I got to go."

"No, you're not. I should head home anyway." He said checking his watch.

"Tell Jenna I said hi, and Jere. Call anytime all right." she smiled as she let him out, then locked her door.

He smiled and waved as he walked across the grass. Azalea jumped into her car and made her way over to the Salvatore house.

Before she even got to the drive the younger Salvatore was there, his eyes glistening slightly. She got out shutting the door behind her. He pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, shh. What's happened?" she soothed rubbing his back.

"Elena, she... She says she can't be with me. I get it I really do, but..."

"You know it isn't because she doesn't like you, it's the other stuff." Azalea said softly squeezing her friend closer. "I'm sorry Stefan," she said.

The two went into the house, and the redhead began to make tea for Stefan. Gently putting it in front of him, with some food.

"Here," she said, sitting beside him.

As he ate, he told her what Elena had said. Azalea stayed quiet allowing him to speak.

"You know what, I've never had to deal with heart break, and break ups. So... let's go off every movie I have ever seen. We are watching movies, eating ice-cream and drinking. I'll even have one drink with you."

Stefan smirked.

"It's a deal," he said. "I will go grab what we need."

In a blur he was back with 3 large tubs of ice cream and a various amount of different coloured liquids.