Chapter Two

Judi's Pov
Dinner time floated on by, the first day of the Titanic fading the sky and night stars overlooked. Dinner was as annoying as could be imagined, by the time it ended I needed more then one smoke. I had taken my violin out of its case, and took my journey to one of the slightly lower deck. Where even the maker of the ship said it was for the lower class what a asshole.

I peered over the railing holding my breath at the sight of the water rushing bellow. There go my odd thoughts again, wonder what it would be like to jump into the rushing cold water.

I snickered to myself slowly playing my Violin on the edge of my shoulder a little leaning slightly by the railing, I started to slowly play a soft little time letting the melody flow out shutting my eyes for a moment.

It was a simple tune, but a little sigh left me letting the now down I set the violin back in its case, peering over the edge before I then lifted myself up with a grunt as I held onto the edge looking down at the water, the sight was enchanting.

"Hey... Hey don't do it get off the railing." I snapped my head back over towards the suddenly voice startling me, I would have almost fallen over watching the way he neared me. And I knew it looked kinda bad, I looked sad, sitting on the edge of the railing.

"I- oh gosh..." I laughed embarrassed like holding onto the railing even more, taking a breather. "I promise it isn't what it looks like.. I just wanted to get a better view of the ocean." He didn't really seem that convinced as he stared at me.

"Are you sure miss?" I let a soft giggle out nodding my head.

"I took my shoes off so I could get a better grip." He looked a little more relived.

"Well come down for me yeah." I looked at his stretched out hand, before I spun myself around taking his hand he held out for me, before he helped me down from the high rise. His arm wrapped around my back to keep me steady.

"There we go, you had me worried there for a second." I faintly chuckle both of us parting from our close interactions.

"I'm sorry for worrying you Mr?" He looked lost for a moment ruffling at his shaggy hair speaking.

"Jack, Jack Dawson, and you miss?" I smiled at him kindly.

"Judi, Judi King, thank you for being concerned at least there's a few people who worry about the safety of others." I bend down to make sure the case with my violin was safe, standing back up state.

"Judi huh? Well the next time you want a closer view of the ocean make sure someone is there to catch you if you fall." I shot him a very playful look.

"Now what if I just wanna embrace the water Jack?" The laugh he released was cute, bouncing everywhere.

"Well I don't know about you, but the water at night is ice cold, shivering to the touch, you could maybe swim long enough but the hypothermia would kill you." I shivered slightly at the thought noticing he really was gonna stop me if I was thinking that, his shoes were tied and tossed away, and his shirt was unbuttoning.

"Tell me Jack, if I were to have uh... Jumped." I gestured he nodded his head at me a few times gazing at me.

"Then I would have jumped in to save you simple as that." I once again smiled at him a bit a little in awe. so there were some decent humans left in the world. We stood there laughing before I saw a few crew men had rushed over, and of course they assumed the worse. My half pushed up dress, Jack undressed.

"Hey! It's a misunderstanding." I exclaimed watching them place handcuffs on Jack. Jesus the idiots. I gave Jack an apologetic stare, slipping my shoes back on, speaking to the crew men the best I could for idiots. They even called Cal up here. What the hell was he gonna do anyway?

"It was a misunderstanding Jack isn't that way, he actually was making sure I didn't fall off the railing you damn idiots." I gestured seeing Jack cracking a smile holding back a smile and some laughter ducking his head down letting his bangs into his eyes.

"Is this true sir?" Jack nodded his head deeply a few times with a duh like expression, causing me to giggle quietly, hiding it with clearing my throat.

"Well you hear that, it was misunderstanding." They walked over to uncuff Jack, who was rubbing at his hands roughly looking between everyone, I then nudged Cal roughly making him stare at me quickly.

"What?" He hissed out. I gave him a glare gesturing to Jack. Cal then made a face sighing before he faked a smile looking at Jack.

"Jack, thank you for looking out for my absent minded wife, make it up to you care to join us for dinner on the upper class deck?" I rolled my eyes facepalming at his need to show off. Jack clicked his tongue across his cheek before he nodded.

"Sure why not." He smiled faintly at me, me returning it gently at him also.

"Good night Jack, thank you for the talk." I told him when he handed over the case with another smile. I had to take one more look of my shoulder being guided away from the deck. A normal person finally....