chapter six

'crawlin' back to you, ever thought of callin' when, you've had a few?, 'cause i always do, maybe i'm too, busy bein' yours, to fall for somebody new, now, i've thought it through, crawlin' back to you'

WANDA IS IMMEDIATELY MET WITH cool air as she enters her room, dropping the bags on the ground and sinking to the ground.

Her knees felt like water, as if they couldn't hold her up anymore, the pain of leaving her family finally catching up to her.

She doesn't feel herself fall, though, only that she's on the ground and tears are leaking down her face, as she tries to cover her face, as if to protect herself.

This-whatever you called it-wasn't her home.

It would never be her home.

Home was with Erik, and Peter, and Pietro, and Lorna, and even the X-men, but here?

Home was not here.

Home would never be here.

She ended up celebrating Hanukkah alone.

She'd locked herself in her room, tears falling from her face, before changing into a dress and pulling her hair back.

She'd bought presents for her entire family for the full 8 nights. They probably couldn't do the same, as they were probably trying to find her, but she was unbothered by it.

They were family. She could have this one thing to herself, couldn't she?

No .

She sighs, running a hand through her dark brown hair, before placing her hands on the table by her bed.

"Happy Hanukkah (family in Russian)" she whispers softly, trying to ignore the tears threatening to come down her face.

She acts like everything is normal around Strange and Loki.

Her façade is probably seeable, but she closes off her mind so the two can't invade, leaving them with only their thoughts to try and guess how she feels.

And they're probably correct; weak, hurt, and all of the synonyms for those words.

It was still the winter season; cold air blew against the windows harshly, and snow tumbled down to the ground quickly, making the sky a gray color.

She sighs, pulling off her red sweater, sweatpants, and any other clothes she had on to keep herself warm, before stalking over to the bathroom, grabbing the first towel off of the rack, wrapping it around herself, before walking towards the shower.

Wanda turns the hot water on, before dropping her towel and sliding into the shower, letting out a sigh of pleasure as the warm water hits her back.

He heard it.

He swears he did.

He closes his eyes, before heading another one of the soft sighs coming from the Witch's room. Yep; he was right.

She was still there.

Even if it came in the form of her in the shower, (maybe) using up all the hot water, but it didn't matter; she was still there.

She hasn't drowned in madness yet nor lost herself, which made the God happy.