Chapter One

Word Count: 4538

⚠️This book contains sexual content as well as mature language and alcoholism. The characters are aged up, fitting to the Wattpad guidelines. If you don't feel comfortable reading anything like this, I would not recommend you reading this story.⚠️

-♡-

Marinette's PoV:

It was sealed, officially only twenty-four more hours and I was going to get married. Married to someone I didn't even want to marry.

I agreed on marrying Luka Couffaine, the twin brother of Juleka from my class, but only to please my parents. They were so worried for me. Apparently my mother got married at the age of 18, and since I just turned 18 a couple of weeks ago, and there was no boy in my life whatsoever, I was now being forced to marry him.

Well, I was not forced to, I agreed to do it. But, then again, if I hadn't, I would still be getting married. There was no way my parents would have left me live my life without having a partner until I felt ready for it. If I ever were to feel ready for it.

Well, and speaking for Luka, he had to make up for some misbehaviours. Just great.

Luka and I were good friends, but not enough to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him.

Though, I had one other choice. Félix Graham de Vanily. I had no idea who he was, so that was a big no.

My parents did show me a picture of him. He had blonde hair, greenish eyes and appeared to be pretty formal looking. He wasn't bad looking, but if I met him anywhere I would assume he was a young looking 50 year old.

At least I got to have a last minute bachelorette party. Alya, my very best friend, set some things up. But probably only so I wouldn't cry all evening and think about jumping off my balcony in order to get out of marriage.

"Marinette, Alya is here," Maman said as she came into my room, making sure I was ready to go.

Of course I didn't dress up too much. Who was I going to impress? I would be a married woman in no less than a day, even if I wanted to try and hook up with someone, I shouldn't.

Who knows, I might fall in love and regret getting married to the wrong person.

"Don't drink too much. You wouldn't want to be hungover for your big day tomorrow." Maman laid her hands onto my shoulders, looking at me through the mirror I was standing in front of.

She was looking me up and down, probably trying to find a flaw. She always said I had none of those, but I had a lot. Starting with the fact that I would soon be doing what I never expected me to do. Getting married.

"I won't, maman," I lied. I couldn't wait to get drunk. The hell did I care about being hungover on my wedding day. It wasn't like I wanted to have one of those in the first place.

Thank god for me turning 18 a couple of weeks ago. The legal drinking age in France is 18, meaning I could get as much alcoholic drinks as I wanted, well, or needed.

There was one more thing I didn't quite understand, though. And even if I asked, my mother probably would not have given me an answer to it.

Why the hell would I get married while still attending school?

I was in my senior year, and I was going to graduate soon. But then again, only in a few more months.

It was only December, and the school year wouldn't end until the end of June next year. So, that was one way to get attention from classmates, I suppose.