Chapter Eight

Word Count: 4420

Adrien's PoV:

Marinette remained silent. I doubt I've ever heard silence this loud. She was thinking, I could literally see her brain work. She was contemplating on telling me, but I think she just didn't trust me enough yet.

"It's alright, you can tell me when you're ready to talk about it," I told her, taking her back into my embrace, seating her down onto my lap once again. I really did love hugging her. It started to become one of my favourite things to do.

"We were dating," she said.

She certainly had my full attention with that.

Her breathing was unsteady, like she had a pretty damn hard time talking about it. Just thinking about how difficult it was for her to even speak about it made me want to puke.

Etienne must have done something really fucked up.

"You were?" I asked, making sure I heard that right.

She nodded. "For a little while. I think like three weeks," she told me. Three weeks? That's nothing. "He-" a tear rolled down her face, again. "We were at this party."

Horror started to crawl down my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I was afraid to listen to the rest, but I still did.

"I think he drugged some girls" her words kept repeating in my head.

"It was my fifteenths birthday, actually," she corrected herself. "It was a great party.. until it wasn't." She stopped, kind of like she wouldn't even continue from there.

"I don't understand," I told her, "what happened?" I nuzzled myself against her neck. She was so warm, and so soft. I wanted to plant kisses right over the soft skin of her neck.

More tears ran down her beautiful cheeks.

"Do you need me to murder him?" I offered. "Cause I have no problem doing that. I despise him."

She shook her head no. "He was the only guy at this party," she continued. "My parents weren't home." Oh god, this is taking a complete wrong direction. "Everyone left, and it was only Alya and me left.. and Etienne."

I stayed still, just wanting her to talk, if she wanted that. I wouldn't make her continue. I sure wanted to know what happened, but just hearing that, I knew this was going to get really ugly.

"He suggested we'd play a game, a drinking game. Sure, Alya and I were underage, but he wasn't," she continued. "He promised it would only be juice for Alya and me, and it was, mostly."

She paused to take a deep breath, steading her breathing. "He drugged us, Adrien."

My eyes widened. I was shocked, despite the fact that I assumed she would say that.

"Alya was completely passed out. He didn't touch her, but.." No. "He didn't put enough of those drugs shit into my glass. I was paralysed, but I could still see and hear everything. I-"

I held her just a little tighter. She didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that.

I feared her words. I feared what she was about to say when she continued.

"He didn't give me any other choice. He began to take off my dress, and-" She broke out into a hell lot of sobs, but I couldn't blame her for it.

"He raped you, didn't he?"

She nodded, pressing her head right into my neck. She shifted on my lap, her legs now wrapped around my hips and her arms tangled around my neck.

She was hugging me so tightly, I could barely breathe. But I didn't care. She could have strangled me to death and I would have thanked her for it.