Chapter Thirteen

Word Count: 3362

A/N:

I am so sorry for not updating this story in over a month.

-♡-

Marinette

Adrien isn't letting me go. My head is resting on his bare chest. He's tracing up and down my bare back with his fingers with a light touch. Whenever I try to get up, he pushes me back down. He wants to lay here, cuddling. Apparently that's because he doesn't want me to think he just used me for sex. But honestly, it's nice here in his arms.

Adrien didn't even throw away the condom yet. He just removed it from his dick, tied it with a knot and threw it onto the floor next to the bed.

"I didn't buy the condoms when I said I did," he speaks. Honestly, I didn't think he did. "I used to come to Paris for the summer every year. Last summer we stayed until the end of September. I bought them like a week before we went back to New York."

I don't know why, but this really annoys me. I know I can't be mad that he had a life before me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me anyway. Suddenly I'm glad he lied when I asked.

"Why'd you tell me this now?" I ask, trying to sit up again. Adrien holds me down, not letting me leave. His arms wrap around my body when he rolls us over. My back is now pressed against the mattress while he's laying on top of me. Well, his head laying on my stomach only. But he's still hugging me.

"I don't want to lie to you, Marinette. You're the only one I want to be one hundred per cent honest with. But it didn't seem like the right thing to say in that moment."

"Why?" I ask. "Why do you want to be honest with me?" It's not like we'd be together forever. He sure can't stay with me, and before I know it, he's going to be bored of me.

I'm pretty sure a divorce will go smooth as well. He probably has really good lawyers that can get through with a divorce in only a couple of days. One that will have me end up broke as fuck because he will get all I have. I mean, I don't have much but I'm sure he will get everything anyway. My inheritance for instance. I will inherit my parents bakery eventually, so he will probably get it.

No wait, his parents probably have lawyers on speed-dial already. I don't think Adrien would want me to end up awfully broke, but his parents sure do want that.

I will be such a wreck when we split up. I'm so used to him already. I can't imagine ever being without him again. But then again, it's only been a week today, so I doubt I can really say that yet.

"We are married, Marinette. Why would I want to lie to you?"

I don't want to answer that. I don't want him knowing what I'm thinking. I don't want to risk losing him already. Though, maybe that would be for the best. The more time I spend with him, the more I will get attached to him.

"Can I go pee, please?" I ask, but it's not a question. I really do need to pee and get cleaned up. I think he knows that, so he lets me go. He rolls onto his back, allowing me to leave.

His eyes are on me as I rush over to the en-suite bathroom. Just when I step inside the bathroom, I hear a sigh coming from Adrien. It sounds painful. Not like he's in pain physically, but something is definitely up with him. I don't dare asking though.

I lock the door behind me. The second I meet my own eyes in the mirror, tears start to roll down my face. It's not that I regret what we did, but I know it was wrong anyway. It felt so right, and so good, but I fear that I'll never stop wanting him. And he for sure won't want me forever.