Chapter Twelve

Word Count: 4648

Marinette

It's Friday. This week went by fast than expected. And not only because school was ridiculously easy on me this week. Usually I'm all overwhelmed with the amount of homework for the weekend and emotionally drained from all of the comments I get thrown at my head throughout the week. But neither of it happened today, or the other four days before.

I know it's because of Adrien. I know people go easy on me and my class because Adrien is in the picture. Maybe it's pathetic to think this, but I'd like to think that people just start to be okay with my presence. I never really cared about the amount of homework, but the comments I get daily does get to me.

A girl, no, a person can only ever take so much upon themselves. Comments might only be comments at first, but they start to cut deeper the more they get. And soon enough, they cut into flesh and start to mess with your consciousness. It's exhausting. I hate myself for believing their words, but what am I supposed to do? I can't bring myself to believe differently when I hear tons of people call me awful things on a daily.

So yeah, I'm glad it stopped for the week. Even if that's only because of Adrien.

However, as easy school might have been, Adrien's parents did a great job keeping him busy. He had photoshoots almost every day after school. I was never allowed to go there. Not that I really wanted to anyway. But that meant I had to spend good three hours on my own in a huge bedroom that isn't even my own.

His parents don't allow me to visit my parents without anyone accompanying me. To hell with that. They can't tell me who to see and who not. They're my parents after all. Apparently it's about my safety, but I doubt that. They just want to see how long I can keep up this act. And to be honest, I'm not sure how far I can go.

Ever since the talk about Demi my stomach keeps turning around every now and then. The thought of her disgusts me more than Etienne, which is... something. To think Adrien ever dated this girl just brings up something inside of me. Jealousy, maybe. But that can't be. I don't necessarily want to be with Adrien.

Maybe I do. I'm not sure. But he sure as hell doesn't want to be with me. Actually, I'm not sure about that. He keeps having random boners around me and doesn't step back on telling me. Though, I think he just does that for me to become more comfortable around him. Maybe?

"We're going out," Adrien informs me as he walks into the closet we share now. Half of it is his stuff, the other half mine. I barely have anything though, so most of my space is empty. "I'm taking you shopping, and then we're going to a bar."

Like hell we are. I don't do bars, but neither do I do clubs. My bachelorette party was an exception. I needed to fuck my brain so I could get married the next day. I'm ridiculous afraid of going to clubs. Whenever I do go, I never really drink because... Etienne.

"Shopping?" I question. I know this guy likes to spoil me for some reasons. Just yesterday he gave me a ridiculously expensive necklace. He told me it was a gift from the jeweller he modelled for. But I doubt that. It was in box and all... with a price tag.

"Yup, we need to fill up your space here. It looks so empty," he chuckles and takes a few steps closer to me. I'm standing in front of the huge wall long mirror. He wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his arms right underneath my breasts as he hugs me.