Chapter Seven

Word Count: 4795

Adrien's PoV:

God, she was so beautiful. They way she looked at me. The way her beautiful blue eyes were staring right into my soul. The way her little nose scrunched up at me in anger, even that was beautiful. The way she just sat there in front of me, her legs and arms crossed in front of her.

All I wanted to do was shout an apology for what I had done. I knew it wasn't right to jump her, but to be honest, I liked kissing her. I would never admit it to her, but I did like it, every second of it.

She wasn't the first person I kissed, but I honestly wished she was. I never wanted to kiss anyone else, cause, god, she's so perfect. What the fuck is happening to me?

I was wondering why she didn't push me off her, or wanted me to stop any sooner. Even if she never stopped me, I would have stopped. Not because I don't want to fuck her, but because she deserves so much better.

I lied. I lied when I said I wouldn't want to have sex with her, cause, god, I do. I doubt I thought of anything else ever since she had offered it. But this can't happen, not yet anyway.

We barely knew each other, and I wouldn't risk losing her again because of sex. Though, I might still lose her when we don't have sex?

Okay, but if us having sex were to happen, I wanted it to be perfect. Not a heat of the moment kind of thing, not that we were anywhere near that moment. I wanted her to enjoy it.

Marinette didn't appear to be that kind of person who'd just sleep with anyone, so I wondered why she was so desperate to do it with me. She had nothing to prove to me, if that's what she thought.

We were moving way too fast. The past twenty-four hours were... something.

Let's give it a quick rundown. We met; talked about her getting married to someone, then we got married instead; she met my parents; we stayed at my parents house for the night, didn't even share a bed; I met her parents; we kissed, three times.

The least I could do was try and fall in love with her slowly, in the healthy way. Though, I wasn't sure if that was the best idea. I didn't even know if I was capable of love. I had no idea where to start, so I guess I needed some guidance.

I stood up from the bed. I figured I could do that since Marinette certainly wasn't speaking to me. Though, after what I just said, I couldn't expect anything else. 

"I'll be taking a shower, shout if you need anything," I told her, then walked off. I didn't even wait for her to say anything, but I also didn't really expect her to.

I walked right into my bathroom, not even bothering to lock it.

Back in New York I always locked the door, even though I had a whole side of the house to myself. My parents, or any of the personal my parents kept at the house 24/7, never came into my room. Well, not unless it was necessary. And they'd never just walk into the bathroom without knocking first, but I still kept the door locked.

So even to me, not locking the door right now was new. I didn't really mind it though.

Since I always put on some music while showering, I had my phone with me. I was scrolling through Spotify when I suddenly received a message.

Félix: You coming out tonight? We're heading to the club again.

I chuckled. I've never really been in touch with Félix we much. Mainly because we lived on two different sides of the world, but he was still my favourite cousins. And the only other one that was nice to me. Félix older brother, Etienne, he was a pain in the ass.