Chapter Four

Word Count: 4421

Alya's PoV:

I couldn't believe Marinette never got home last night. Chloé said she would make sure Marinette went home when I left. But clearly that little princess didn't have an eye on Marinette.

"WHERE IS MARINETTE?!" I could hear Sabine yell over and over again.

She was walking up and down the venue, calling Marinette's phone over and over again. She never picked up. It was like Marinette just disappeared. But Marinette would never have run away.

It was odd, though. Marinette agreed on marrying Luka, if she didn't want to, she could have just said so. I didn't think her parents would have blamed her too much for it.

On second thought, her mother really wanted Marinette to get married.

Though, to be fair, I could totally understand if she just didn't want to marry Luka.

He was a sweet boy and all, but Marinette and him just wasn't a fit. He was all loving, caring and pretty much independent, meanwhile Marinette was barely standing on her own feet.

Marinette rarely even made it to school on time, how would she manage running a household and care for Luka?

Luka for sure expected Marinette to be wifey-material, but she simply wasn't, not yet anyway.

"ALYA!" I heard my name being shouted from across the huge ballroom. It could only have been one person. Sabine.

I turned to look at her. Sabine's eyes were filled with anger, and looking at the time, I could understand it.

Marinette was supposed to be here 2 hours ago. Luka had already surrendered. He knew he wasn't getting married today, but Sabine.. Oh I bet she would have dragged Marinette down that aisle if she had to.

"I trusted you with Marinette. I trusted you to bring her home! SO WHERE IS SHE?!"

"I have no idea, Miss Dupain-Cheng," I said. A weird feeling crept upon me. I was scared that something happened to Marinette.

"You promised you would make sure she was here today!" Not that it was my responsibility or anything.

"I am so sorry. Last time I saw her was when she was sitting at the bar. She was all by herself, only talking to the bartender occasionally. I didn't think the bartender would let her go off with anyone," I explained.

It was true. I didn't think someone would let a completely drunk person tag along with a stranger.

"You will go find my daughter!"

I let out deep sigh, but turned around to leave the building. Maybe I would've found Marinette in the park or somewhere around the area.

"I'm here."

Adrien's PoV:

When I woke up, I knew I fucked up. I hadn't been drinking a lot that night before. Barely even anything. I had a clear head when Marinette and I went through with the last minute getting married thing.

But what the actual fuck was I thinking?

Marinette deserved someone that would take care of her, and not just use her to please their parents. I totally took advantage of her vulnerability.

How could I have been so stupid?

I sat up on the couch, looking towards my bed instantly. My back was hurting from sleeping on the couch, but I wasn't surprised. What had me surprised though, my bed was empty. In fact, the whole room was empty. No one was here, except for me.