Chapter 7

Author POV

The next day, you were wearing a kimono as usual since the uniform hasn't arrived yet. You were being called by Oyakata-sama once again for something and so you've decided to go there early. You were right now at the Ubuyashiki estate to go to his office. Once you were there, you knock on the door and you heard the familiar voice saying come in which apparently you did, and enter inside before bowing.

You: Is there something you need Oyakata-sama?

Oyakata: Mhm. There are few things to say to you.

You look up at him and asks.

You: What is it?

Oyakata smile softly and said.

Oyakata: You see, Y/N. When it comes to being a demon slayer, they need to join the final selection.

You: Final selection?

You ask confused and he nods.

Oyakata: Yes. In the final selection, you need to survive for seven days at mount Fujikasane mountain. Once you survive in seven days, you will be at Mizunoto rank for now until you are in Mizunoe, Kanoto, Kanoe, Tsuchinoto, Tsuchinoe, Hinoto, Hinoe, Kinoto, and Kinoe until you are in Hashira rank. So are you willing to take the exam?

You nod without thinking and said.

You: Of course.

Oyakata: Okay then. The final selection is in three months so you still have a chance to train.

You: Right.

Once the talk is done, he dismisses you and you walk out of the office. As you were walking on the dirt path someone called you.

Mitsuri: Y/N-chan!!

You stop and turns to see Mitsuri and once again Obanai. 

You: What?

Mitsuri shyly looks down and bows.

Mitsuri: I'm sorry about the other day. If only I shouldn't convince you especially you were in the bad mood.

She said closing her eyes tightly as Obanai glares at you. You ignore his glare and look at her before sighing.

You: It's fine. It's just really Sanemi and Obanai's behavior reminds me of someone who used to be abusive to my two male siblings back before my other two were born. A foul-mouthed and would threatening to someone who they target to. Now if you excuse me...

You tried to walk away but Mitsuri quickly grabs your wrist.

Mitsuri: Wah! Wait!

You turn to her in confusion and asks.

You: What is it?

Mitsuri: Do you...Do you want to eat ramen with us?

You begin to think for a moment before nodding.

You: Yeah. Besides I'm hungry anyway.

You said with a shrug making her smile brightly and hugs you tightly.

Mitsuri: Wah! This is great!!

Once she separates you from the hug, she quickly grabs your hand and Obanai's before dragging you two to the village to where the ramen shop was.

You: Too fast!

You mumble as you let yourself be dragged by her. Once you all arrive at the ramen shop, you three went inside and to the available seats. Obanai sits beside Mitsuri as you sit alone on the other side. Mitsuri then waves at the waiter and the waiter went to the table you three were sitting.