FIN

Starr... No her name was Hope now. Hope had her new goal now, she needed to stop this, to prevent any other Starr's from being created. To stop this unethical experiment resulting in so much suffering for the Starrs. She left the room with Alistair long behind, Hope had no idea where the councilman was, or where the exit to this place was. Somewhere inside her, the will of Lucy tugged, the girl who had lost so much, the girl who despite everything still wanted to make the world a better place for people like her. Lucy's will guided her leading her down the maze-like hallways that sprawled before her. A door passed by her, then another, she was slowly gaining speed, but she wasn't running, it was as if the world was moving quickly around her. Another door passed by, but this one caught her attention. She stopped, the world halted around her. The door, a simple steel door, the same as all of the others she had passed so far. She felt her goal, the one from the council slowly get farther away, but this door, something on the other side required her attention. She raised her hand and the door was blasted in. The room seemed to be some type of office the desks looked as if they had just been thoroughly searched and emptied. The most peculiar thing in the room was a giant tube that stretched from the ground to the ceiling. The tube had been smashed, and at the floor at hope's feet lie a human body. Hope recognized her instantly, at her feet was the body of the next Starr. Hope scooped Starr up and carried her in her arms. Starr was bleeding from a gash in her belly, and her breath was shallow. All the same she was still alive, and Hope intended to keep her that way. Hope took off her jacket and put it on Starr. She lifted Starr up and onto her back, Starr was coming with her to freedom in the real world Hope would make sure Starr lived a happy life free from despair.

Hope returned to the hallway, her target, the one who would spread and create more Starrs, he was getting further away, closer and closer to his escape. Hope continued towards him, and towards the exit of this facility. Her advance was slowed by Starr, but not by much. It would only be a matter of seconds before she caught up with him.

The silver haired councilman took a deep breath and stretched his arms out, he'd been stuck in this facility so long, the outdoors air felt so nice. The facility sat on an island completely surrounded on all sides by water. Completely isolated, just like those two fools had originally intended. Their research however was exactly what the council needed, the ability to create people with powers, and the power to control memories. In a matter of moments he'd be off this island and back into the air. He waved to the helicopter pilot signaling him to get the engine started. He turned back to get one last look at the facility, it would make a nice museum one day. He heard a low rumbling sound, deeper and louder then the helicopter, and a few seconds later the wall burst open sending debris flying in all directions. Some of the debris connected with the helicopter causing it to explode, but he held his ground. Emerging from the building was Hope, she moved straight towards him at blinding speeds. He raised his hand, in an instant Hope was stopped. Her body felt heavy, and she unwillingly knelt to the ground. He walked towards her but stopped right outside of her reach. " Well now, you weren't supposed to follow me out. Oh well, I suppose this is ok. I did want to clean this place up, maybe make it into a vacation home or something." He looked down at the girl. " First things first, you destroyed my helicopter, keep me entertained until the next one shows up." Hope felt the weight lift off of her body, and as soon as it did she pounced towards him, but was much too slow, he stepped to the left. Hope stumbled a bit, and then her body went heavy again and she was forced back to the ground. " To slow, to slow. I don't know what you experienced in there, but your nothing compared to us out here in the real world. Go ahead though try your best, as I said, I need some entertainment before my next helicopter shows up." Hope continued charging him, only to miss and find herself on the floor again. " This is getting ridiculous, why do you continue, it's clear that you are no match."
Hope got up, still feeling heavy, she wasn't waiting this time. " I do what I do because I have too, I want to help shape the world I live in." She lunged towards him again, slowly staggering along the way, her legs felt as heavy as lead, her powers didn't help her deal with the feeling in the slightest. " This, you are just my first step out into this new world, I won't let you stop me here." All at once the heaviness was gone, she was right, he couldn't hold her down forever, and thanks to her staggering lunge she was in range now. She pivoted on her feet and slammed into him with her full force, sending him flying. Hope caught her breath, she did it, she glanced back at the facility, Starr lay just inside. Hope got up to go retrieve her..... There was a loud bang, a gunshot? She tried to take another step but her leg gave out beneath her. She fell to the ground, she looked down at her legs, her left leg was completely covered in blood. She heard another shot, this time it was her shoulder, and another in her stomach. It was quiet for a bit, and then he emerged back onto her field of vision, completely free of any damage.
" Just got the call, my helicopter is due to be here soon, so I no longer have need for entertainment. Sorry Starr, it looks like this is the end for you." He cocked his gun and pointed it straight at her head. " So long."
" I am not Starr anymore, my name is now Hope, and I will stop you."

Starr blinked her eyes open, such a strange place, what a weird dream. She got up and looked around, nothing was familiar to her, this strange white hallway, where was she. She noticed a spot in the wall that had been blasted through. Out of curiosity she walked over and glanced through it. She saw two people, they were fighting, one launched away the other with some crazy superpower, and she was now walking towards Starr and the building. That however didn't last long, as the other person shot her and knocked her to the ground. Starr didn't like it, this fighting, she just wanted to know where she was. That girl, the one who was now in trouble, Starr needed her, she didn't know why yet, but somehow Starr knew she had the answers to everything. This fighting it needed to stop, but what could Starr do. She closed her eyes, and yelled from the top of her lungs " Stop!!"

Hope and the councilman turned their heads towards the girl, both of them were filled with shock. The facility was breaking up and bit by bit rising up into the air until all that was left was the lone girl Starr who was still closing her eyes in fear. " How.... What.... How is this happening?" The debris from the facility was spiraling around like a swarm of angry bees. The noise of the debris colliding and shattering was ear-breaking. Starr, eyes still glued shut, now covered her ears and ducked to the ground. At this the angry swarm of debris began mobilizing, it flew straight at the councilman. He tried to run, but the debris followed him like hornets, hunting him down and shredding him until there was nothing left. Hope closed her eyes in relief, her goal, the one bestowed upon her by Lucy was accomplished. She rested, a much needed rest, there on the helipad she had the longest and best sleep she had ever had.

A few minutes later the sounds of a landing helicopter brought Hope to her senses. She heard footsteps, Hope felt weak however. She heard a voice. " Split up and look for survivors." With the last of her energy, Hope pointed her finger towards the wreckage where Starr was.
" Hey captain! I found someone. She's unconscious, I think that other girl was pointing us to her. You think she's still alive?"
The one he referred to as captain lowered his hand and placed it on Hope's neck. " Negative, she must've done everything she could to get this girl out, quickly get her in the chopper, she needs medical attention."
" Captain don't you think they look similar? Like creepily similar."
The captain looked towards the facility. " I'm not surprised, not sure exactly what happened here, but I do know it had something to do with cloning. Well anyways let's clear out of here, I don't think we will find anyone else."

The helicopter lifted off and left the island behind. Starr onboard, still unconscious, was heading to the real world for the first time.

*************************************
Fin