Chapter Fourteen - The Hungry Earth

Before we get started, I have a very important question to ask all of you. Do you think I should write a sequel? I was going to, but I only have the begining thought of so I was just going to end it for good and throw in a few bonus chapters, like their wedding, the double date I forgot to add, maybe another surprise I'm not going to reveal just yet. So, comment your wishes! Now, without further ado, I give you chapter fourteen.

             Kaname and Rosaline hurried to the courtyard in front of the main building. The Headmaster and Yagari rushed out the front of the building, the front doors banging open. Rosaline ran to meet them, Kaname only a few steps behind her.

            “What’s happened?” the Headmaster asked.

            “It’s the vampire, Sara Shiganshina,” Kaname answered. “She’s regained her body.”

            “Damn it,” Yagari muttered. “We knew she’d get her body back eventually, but we didn’t think it would be this quickly.”

            Rosaline looked at Yagari shrewdly. “You knew everything this whole time, didn’t you?”

            The Hunter nodded. “Kaede and Akira Hikari notified the Society when you regained your body. They were worried that Sara would come after you and it turned out they were right. A Hunter was sent out to keep an eye on things, but it was too late. They were already dead.”

            “Akira suppressed your vampire genes, wiping your memory in the process,” Kaien explained. “For all intents and purposes, you were human.”

            “But how does the Society know about me? There wasn’t a Hunters Society when I died,” Rosaline asked.

            “Just because your story isn’t common knowledge among vampires, that doesn’t mean it’s not among vampire hunters. It’s used as an example of how cruel vampires can really be under the perfect masks they wear,” Yagari told her.

            Just then, Seiren ran up to the group. “Lord Kaname, there’s subjugates storming the grounds.”

            “Sara must’ve called them. As I recall, she loved making humans do her will,” Rosaline said, stepping forward.

            Kaname caught her elbow, turning her toward him. “I want you to stay here. I just got you back, I’m not willing to lose you again. Besides, someone needs to evacuate the students and they trust you more than the rest of us.”

            Rosaline sighed, “Alright.” She turned and looked at Kaien. “The students come first.”

            Kaien smiled at her. “I’ve taught you well. There’s a passage behind the tapestry in the dining hall. It leads down through the mountain to the town.”

            “Akatsuki, got with her. We don’t know if Sara has her subjugates surrounding the town.” There was an unspoken threat in Kaname’s words. It went a bit like, If anything happens to her, I will end you.