Chapter Nine - My Title-Creating Juices Died, I'm Sorry

Rosaline knocked on Yuki’s door. It was about ten o’clock at night, the night after talking to Kaname, and Rosaline had the nightmare about her parents’ murder again and she couldn’t sleep alone. So she went to the only place she could think of.

            Rosaline gently opened the door and peered inside. “Yuki?” Rosaline asked quietly.

Her friend stirred and then sat up, rubbing her eyes. “Rosaline?” she asked. “What is it? Was it the dream again?”

Rosaline nodded silently. Yuki scooted over on her bed and patted the space next to her. “Come on, you can sleep with me tonight.”

Gratefully, Rosaline crawled in bed next to Yuki. “Thank you,” she said quietly.

Yuki smiled at her through the dark. “Anytime, Rose.”

Rosaline felt safe enough to sleep again and so she did.

            A woman with dark brown, curly hair ran toward a man with wavy black hair; her arms wide open to receive him. He met the woman halfway down the walk and picked her up, twirling her around him. Her long hair billowed out around her, creating a dark halo around her head. She threw her head back and laughed and the man laughed with her.

            Then the scene changed and the same woman was bound by ropes that were seething with a deep red magic. She was being dragged through the snow by a different man and a woman. The woman was Sara Shiganshina. The man she was with had bright green eyes and blonde hair so light that the snowflakes that landed on it disappeared.

            The woman with the dark hair struggled against her bonds. Tears were falling from her eyes. She was afraid of what was happening to the man with the curly black hair. She knew he was one of strongest of their kind, but she was worried nonetheless. She also knew that he would do anything to get her back, even if it meant dying himself. This is what scared her the most. If it meant his death trying to rescue her, she’d rather she stayed a prisoner and died herself.

            Rosaline woke up breathless. She had no idea who the people were in the dream, but she had a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she knew them. She couldn’t pinpoint where she knew them from, but they were familiar.

            “If I knew how fun it would be to watch you squirm, I would have done this years ago,” Sara’s voice cackled.

            “It’s you again,” Rosaline muttered under her breath. She rolled over and saw that Yuki was still fast asleep. Rosaline quietly got out of bed, careful not to wake Yuki or her roommate, Yuri. Rosaline quietly opened the door and stepped out into the hall.

            “Oh, don’t be like that,” Sara said. “So I murdered your parents and did the equivalent of eat them in front of you. Big deal. That doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.”

            Rosaline didn’t even grace the annoying voice in her head with an answer.