Chapter Eleven - The Begining of the End

Kaname bolted out of his chair when he heard the crash of breaking glass come from his room. He ran to the doorway; Takuma following him. He opened the door and saw Rosaline laying on the floor by the window with shards of glass laying on the floor on and around her.

            Kaname rushed over and knelt next to Rosaline in the broken glass. She had only a few minor cuts on her face and hands. Suddenly, Rosaline’s eyes flew open and Kaname knew immediately that something wasn’t right. Instead of their normal chocolaty brown, her eyes were a deep red, the color of blood.

            Kaname quickly stood and stepped back away from Rosaline.

            Rosaline stood up and stretched her arms, sighing. “It’s so good to have a body again,” she said, staring at Kaname slyly. “Wouldn’t you agree, Kaname?”

            Kaname’s eyes narrowed. “Who are you?”

            Rosaline took a step closer to Kaname. “You don’t remember me?” she asked, feigning hurt. “I realize that this girl’s body may be hindering your memory, but honestly, I thought I would’ve left at least an impression. After all, you were going to marry my sister.”

            “Sara,” Kaname growled. The only thing that restrained him from attacking her was that she was in Rosaline’s body.

            “Kaname, what is she talking about?” Takuma asked hesitantly. “I didn’t know you were engaged.”

            Kaname briefly turned his head toward Takuma. “It happened before you were even born. I was engaged to Rosaria Hikari. This is her sister, Sara Shiganshina.”

            “Wait, Rosaria Hikari was murdered by…her sister’s…husband…” Takuma trailed off, staring at Sara.

            Sara grinned devilishly at Takuma. “Exactly. My poor little sister hadn’t a chance.” She looked at Kaname. “I miss him sometimes, my second husband anyway, especially when I have an urge to kill something. Rido always knew the best places to go hunting for hunters. And it’s all you fault, Kaname. You killed him.” Sara grinned again. “But no matter. If you’ll excuse me, boys, I have my real body to get back to. It’s been a long time.”

            Then Rosaline’s body shuddered and convulsed before collapsing to the floor. A bright red glowing light emitted from Rosaline’s body and then she was still.

            Takuma looked at Kaname. “What the hell just happened?”

            Kaname knelt next to Rosaline and looked up at Takuma. “The beginning of the end.”

(A/N - Okay, this one's really, really short, but it's a vital part of the story. I promise the next chapter's going to be longer and will hopefully begin to fill in the gaps a bit. I can't wait to see your reactions to the next chapter!)