Chapter Two - Kaname

Kaname caught Rosaline as she collapsed. He gently picked her up and carried her back toward the main building. The tantalizing scent of Rosaline’s blood filled the air as it flowed from the scratches on her cheek.

As Kaname walked out of the woods at the edge of the gardens bordering the main building, he saw Hanabusa and Akatsuki walking toward him.

“Lord Kaname, we smelled blood. Is everything okay?” Aido asked. “Who is that?” he asked, seeing Rosaline in Kaname’s arms.

“She is of no concern to you right now,” Kaname told him. “There is a rogue vampire that has invaded the grounds. I want you two to take care of him.” Takuma and Akatsuki both nodded and ran into the woods, back the way Kaname had come.

Kaname continued walking toward the main building. He intended to take Rose to the infirmary so her injuries could be tended to. However, before Kaname even made it inside, he heard a click as the hammer of a gun was pulled back. Kaname stopped and smiled. “Hello Zero.”

“Put Rose down,” Zero told him harshly.

“Now why would I do that?” Kaname asked, turning to face him.

“Because I’ll kill you if you don’t.”

Kaname chuckled. “You do so amuse me, Zero. Whatever you may think I did, I assure you I didn’t. I’m taking Rosaline to the infirmary. I’m afraid she had a run-in with a rogue vampire that was lurking around the grounds. But don’t worry, I’ve had him taken care of.”

Zero glared at Kaname and the muscles in his jaw tensed. “Why should I believe you, vampire?”

Kaname smiled at Zero. “Because you have no other choice,” he said and turned his back on Zero. He walked into the main building and was met at the door by Ruka and Takuma.

“Lord Kaname, are you alright?” Ruka asked, concerned. “We smelled blood.”

Kaname smiled at her. “Everything is fine, Ruka.” He looked over at Takuma. “Please tell the Night Class they’re dismissed and to return to the dorm,” Kaname asked. Takuma nodded and left, Ruka following him.

Kaname walked up the staircase and down the corridor. Moonlight was spilling in through the windows and pooling on the floor. Kaname walked into the infirmary and laid Rosaline down on an empty bed. He then stepped away to confer with the nurse. When he knew that Rosaline was going to be alright, he left and walked to the Headmaster’s office.

Kaname knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Kaien called through the door.

Kaname opened the door and walked in. Kaien Cross was sitting at his desk, looking through a sheaf of papers. He set it down when Kaname entered. “Kaname, how nice to see you. Isn’t the Night Class still in session?”

Kaname nodded. “Normally, yes, but I dismissed them for the rest of the night. A rogue vampire has been found on the grounds.” Kaname walked over to the window and watched the grounds. “You needn’t worry; I had him taken care of.”

“Did any of the day class see him?”

“No. He attacked Rosaline though,” Kaname said. “She’ll be fine. Her wounds were superficial, although she’ll be in shock when she wakes up.” He looked away from the window toward Kaien. “I want to put a guard on her. I would have already, but you know her better than anyone else, so I came to you first.”

Kaien pushed up his glasses. “I wouldn’t advise it, Kaname. Rose is still terrified of vampires and I’m afraid that what happened tonight hasn’t helped anything. I think it’s best if she learns to accept you and the Night Class before I can condone you putting a guard on her. Alright, Kaname?”

Kaname sighed. “Very well, I understand your point. I’ll wait. But if anything like this happens again, I will protect her, whether she’s afraid of me or not,” he told Kaien. He turned around and walked out of Kaien’s office.

Kaname walked back to Moon Dormitory. He walked in and saw Aido sprawled across one of the couches in the foyer. Kaname stopped and looked over at him. “Has it been taken care of?”

Hanabusa nodded. “Yes, Lord Kaname.”

“Good.” Kaname walked up the stairs to his rooms at the end of the hall. He took off his white uniform jacket and the red tie, unbuttoning the first three buttons of his black shirt. He walked over to the settee and stretched out on it, his hand tangled in his long black hair. Why did he feel this strongly about Rosaline? He had only been marginally involved in her life after the attack, whereas he had save Yuki’s life and only felt a strong friendship with her. Yet, where Rosaline was concerned, he wanted to kill anything that hurt her, which, unfortunately, would be very difficult considering Rosaline had this habit of running away whenever she saw him. Or any of the Night Class for that matter.

Kaname could feel something dark unfolding and, if that vampire tonight was even partially right, Rosaline would be right in the middle of it.

(A/N - Well, this chapter was dedicated to everyone's favorite Pureblood vampire (well, mine anyway)! Now, I don't think there's going to be many of these chapters, the story's mostly going to be in Rosaline's point of view until maybe a small snippet at the very end. Sorry if you liked being able to peer into Kaname's brain a little bit.)