Curiousity. III

Isabelle not being familiar with this door looked at it strangely, observing the knob, she pulled. surprisingly enough it didn't open, Her eyes caught hold of a key hole beneath the door knob and began to wonder.

"What's a door doing in my garden? Does anyone know bout this?"

"and" She pulled "why" she pulled again. "wouldn't And again "it" and again "open".With a huff she sat back on her knee feeling tired from all the raking she had been doing. " A door in my garden." She still couldn't believe her latest discovery. All her years of being alive and living in the mansion, never has she ever come across this.

She stood up with the book in her hand still staring, slowly backing away, she returned the rake and made her way back to the mansion where she was served with pancakes and syrup by Clara. Isabelle watched as Clara poured the syrup on the ten thin layer pancakes wanting to bring up a conversation with her but decided to keep her thoughts to herself.

instead she asked

"Where is Mrs Noel?"This question was directed to Mr Orlando who was staring at the edge of a table, with a dust cloth in his hand and a glove protecting his hands from the dust.

"She's gone to the supermarket to buy some things" Orlando said still staring at the dust , wanting to swipe it away without hitting the vase.

"She didn't tell me"

"She saw you going the garden, perhaps she didn't want to disturb you, that's why she told me to tell you" Said Mr Orlando, finally swiping the dust of the table after meticulous watching.

Isabelle kept wondering 'could the key be somewhere in the house?' She thought. And then the east wing of the mansion came to her mind, that was where her mother's home office and things were located. Somewhere she hadn't been to for a long time, even when her mother was alive for some reason she couldn't understand. She grew up getting used to the west wing of the mansion.

Lots of question began to build up in her head and the one way these questions could be answered Is to look for more clues. Asking the workers in the mansion just kills the whole fun of getting clues.

After eating, She went back staring at the wooden door hoping she could get something.

Some writings were engraved on it, they seem to appear clearer as she came closer to observe them, they were not in English of course.

"Hieroglyphs" She murmured and blew away the dust so she could read it.

Everyone thought Isabelle had gone Nuts when she'd lock herself up in the library all day. She read different books in different languages. Hieroglyphs being the hardest of all she had read took her a lot of time to understand.

"At night, when the moon is high
under the willow it lies".

" Using pictures to depict a message so not everyone could understand, nice" she said to herself.

The writing had something to do with her mother's lullaby. She sang the song and realized it was the exact same words used in the lullaby.

"Does mummy know bout this?" she thought. "Impossible, she knows nothing about hieroglyphs" She Scoffed.

"Based on what is written, it seems as tho night could be the best possibility to finding something"

And off to the music room she went to play the violin, she had just finished writing yet another musical note which was played to no one for an audience.

The sun was setting, leaving the sky tainted with orange,signification of nightfall slowly approaching. Isabelle looked out the window and saw Mrs Noel returning from the super market. She cleared the musical notes which were on the floor, desk and went down for dinner. As soon as she entered,the chattering died down.