Forever magic gone loose?

Jia noticed how Isabelle was lost in thoughts and was wondering what she was thinking, but then he remembered he could read her thoughts and before he could do that, she let it out.
“I’m assuming you can move through walls.” Her gaze intensified and Jia smirked.
“Not even close.” He watched how she made up ways that he could’ve come into her room until she eventually gave up and said.
“Weird creature.” She mumbled and spoke out loud. “I keep calling you a creature but I don’t know what type of creature you are.” Isabelle admitted, her arms loosely folded staring at the moon from her dresser’s window.
“A Niluf.” Jia saw no reason to hide who he truly was, he knew Isabelle had not the slightest idea who a Niluf was neither had she come across such. They are not written in any of the books in the human’s world because they do not exist in the human world.
Jia’s eyes were still looking out the window until he caught sight of a Gargoyle flying out of the premises of the mansion which made his forehead wrinkle out of worry.
The Gargoyles are binded to the mansion with a forever magic and their duty is to protect the mansions from external aggression, even if the Gargoyles had intentions of leaving, it can’t. For a Gargoyle to be able to fly out the mansion premises could mean two things, either the forever spell has been removed or the Gargoyle came from someplace else. Jia’s eyes were fixated on the angle in which the gargoyle flew off.
“A Niluf? I’ve never heard of such a creature before.” Isabelle’s voice brought his attention back to her. Isabelle went through all the creatures she knew in her head and a Niluf is quite peculiar to her.
“Of course you haven’t, there’s a lot you don’t know child.”
“Stop calling me a child! Or is your vision impaired that you can’t see it’s a young lady you are speaking with?”
‘He just had to call me that. How dare he?’ Isabelle thought almost glaring at him.
“Why don’t you just go back to bed?” He commented and walked out of her room, using the door this time. As he locked her room door, he spoke in a hushed tone
“Since when does Cyrene’s Gargoyles start flying off course?” He questioned and went to rest for the night.

“Give an opinion about how I look again and I will shove boiled potatoes down your throat!” Isabelle has had it, she was tired of Jia calling her a red pumpkin all day. Isabelle was invited to one of Lord Cyrene’s tea party putting on a red flowery dress Nya had called pretty and suggested she put on. Her right hand held a boiled potato which she had taken out of the bowl of potatoes which would changed in the next five minutes, orders from the lord himself. He didn’t want his guest eating cold food.
‘But come to think of it, why would potatoes be at a tea party?’
“What a rude way to speak to a lord, you have no manners young lady.” A brunette haired lady commented while pointing her closed flowery hand fan at Isabelle.
“Say’s the one who is pointing, you do realize you are not supposed to point at strangers right?’. Jia’s unfiltered words pierced the heart of the young miss who was on his side just a minute ago. She was dumbfounded by his response. Nulisa felt insulted and embarrassed.
“But Lord Jia, this mere human has crossed the lines by speaking to you in such a rude way” She Paused, looked around. “And also threatening the lord with potatoes”. She said out loud to get people’s attention. It worked. “And that Milord is not just an insulted to your title but also a huge disrespect.”
Nulisa didn’t like the human much, after seeing her frolicking around with a man she admired from a distance. She had dealt with girls like her before, fawning over men they shouldn’t be fawning over.
‘She doesn’t even have a chance.’ She looked at Isabelle from head to toe subtly.
“You’re still speaking. Do you see me complain about her words or intending actions?” Nulisa bit the bottom of her lips very hard before responding.
“No! I do not.”
“Then you should mind your business before she shoves potatoes down your throat.”
Isabelle snorted at the response which only earned her a glare from Nulisa and an increased mummer from the crowd.
Jia’s words slapped Nulisa across the face many times that in her head, she staggered and fell.
Seeing Isabelle trying to hide her laughter, he commented.
“Would you drop the potato now red pumpkin?”
Isabelle’s facial expression changed and she immediately turned red with frustration., she wanted to pull out his hair and wiped the smirk off his lips with the potato in her hand.
“Red pumpkin couldn’t resist turning red.” With a neat cloth provided by Arnold, he collected the potato and wiped Isabelle’s hands clean.

Nulisa who was watching from a distance couldn’t believe what she had just seen. Lord Jia was never this way to her, he had never treated her this way and they were of the same kind.
Nya had a half-eaten biscuit close to her mouth while finishing the one in her mouth as sh watched General Henz engage in conversations with the guests.
“Is it me or the general looks much more handsome than the last time I saw him?”
“Yes! And I am glad he is not taken. The heavens knows what I would’ve if I found out he was married.”
“You can’t do anything to him if you find out he was married.”
“Who said I was going for him? The unfortunate woman shall face my wrath.”