24 ► New Years Eve

It was New Years Eve and the Wood family was finishing cleaning up the house. This year it was easier than it usually was because Kristen and Andrew were allowed to do magic outside of school. The two of them, along with their parents, could quickly perform spells to help get the cleaning done, which reduced the amount of time spent on a certain task. Savannah, however, still had to do cleaning the muggle way, which drove her crazy.

The clock struck seven and soon people started pouring into the house. A lot of the same people who had attended the Potter's Christmas party were at this party, but this time there were a lot more Ravenclaws.

"Kristen!" Samantha exclaimed, hugging her when she saw her.

She was quickly followed by Kailey and Kim coming to the party.

"I see that you managed to survive the Potter's Christmas party," Kailey stated.

"Yeah, I did. It actually wasn't that bad this year," Kristen replied.

A look of surprise was passed between her three friends. Kristen having fun doing anything remotely having to do with James was unheard of.

"Who did you end up getting a present from?" Kim asked.

"James," Kristen replied, her voice lacking a certain tone of hatred that her friends had come accustom to over the years.

"Oh Merlin," Samantha said, "Please tell me he gave you a better gift than he did in second year."

"Thankfully, he did. He got me a muggle book. I already finished reading it. It was quite good I must say. We won't be burning anything again this year."

When Kristen had gotten back from Hogwarts in her second year, she had brought the stupid make up kit James had given her for Christmas. To cheer her up, Kailey had suggested burning the thing. It had been quite fun and made Kristen feel a lot better.

In another room, Andrew was talking with Taylor. He was actually enjoying the fact that he was having a conversation with her. It seemed as if he had been talking to her for hours. Looking up the clock, he realized that it was already 11:45. The New Year would begin in fifteen minutes.

"I never got a proper chance to thank you for that necklace you got me," Taylor stated, fingering it as she spoke to him, "I really like it."