27 ► Valentine's Day

It was Valentine's Day and Hogwarts was overwhelmed with love and energy. It was impossible to go anywhere without seeing people holding hands or snogging each other's faces off. For couples, it was quite a happy day. However, people who were still single found the day slightly depressing. It wasn't exactly pleasant to be constantly reminded that they were alone.

Two of the most surprising bachelors were James Potter and Louis Weasley. Usually, they would have asked some random girl who would practically faint when invited. However, this year, they hadn't even tried to ask anyone. This caused for different rumors to go flying around the school. Some of them were as normal as the person they wanted to ask was taken to as absurd as being dared to see how long they could go without snogging someone.

Kristen and her Ravenclaw friends sat at their table, eating breakfast. None of them had a boyfriend, so they were planning on just spending the day together.

"Samantha?" a voice asked from behind Samantha.

She turned around to face Drake Smith. Her friends looked at the two of them anxiously, wondering what was about to happen.

"Hi Drake," Samantha stated, trying not to blush.

Drake muttered a strand of incoherent words, looking at the floor. He seemed quite nervous.

"What was that?" Samantha asked, "I couldn't quite hear you."

"I think it would greatly help if you spoke up," Kailey pointed out.

Drake took a deep breath. He felt extremely nervous. People all over the great hall were looking at him. He had been waiting years to have the courage to say this. If he didn't say what he wanted to now, he would never get the chance.

"Samantha, will you be my Valentine and go to Hogsmede with me today?" Drake asked, sounding a lot less timid than before.

"Yes, I will," Samantha replied, standing up as a huge smile spread across her face.

Drake's smile matched Samantha's when he heard her answer. With that, Drake grabbed her hand and they rushed out of the great hall, heading to Hogsmede.

"I was right," Kristen mumbled to herself, than exclaiming, "I was right! It might have taken 3 years of me telling her that they belong together, but she finally listened!"

"You're so going to rub this in her face, aren't you?" Kim asked.