38 ► Happy Endings

Every person on the pitch or in the crowd stared at the two of them. Most of them had been at the game last year and knew how much these two hated each other. Yet here they were, kissing in the middle of the quidditch pitch. This was definitely not something that had been expected.

Camera flashes went off from all over the place. No doubt there was going to be an article about the two of them in the Dailey Prophet or maybe some other book. However, Kristen Wood and James Potter didn't really care. They were together and that was all that mattered.

***

"Andrew Wood?" a man asked approaching Andrew.

"Yeah, that's me," Andrew replied.

"I'm Royce Carmen, the owner of the Appleby Arrows. The way you played was phenomenal, especially that goal on the keeper. I was wondering if you would be interested in playing as a reserve chaser on my team."

Andrew's eyes went wide. He'd always loved quidditch, but had figured if anyone was going to make a career out of it in his family it was going to be Kristen. He couldn't believe he was getting offered a position, even if it was just as a reserve. This was the opportunity of a life time.

"I most definitely would," Andrew replied smiling.

"That's great," Royce stated, "I'll send you the contract in the next couple days via owl."

"Sounds good."

They shook hands and went their separate ways. Andrew looked around the pitch. It seemed James was still kissing Kristen. He turned away, kind of disgusted. Soon his eyes found Taylor's and he headed her way. Like him, she was grinning extremely wide.

"You look quite happy considering we just lost the game," Andrew pointed out as he approached her.

"Well, you are looking at the new reserve keeper for Falmouth Falcons," Taylor replied smiling, "You yourself look quite happy as well."

"I'm a new reserve chaser for the Appleby Arrows."

"That's wonderful! We're both going to be professional quidditch players!"

She kissed him and he kissed her back. Considering they had lost the house cup, the day was going quite fabulously.

***

"So it looks like James and Kristen are officially together," Jessica stated, approaching Fred, "I believe you owe me 10 galleons."

"We don't know that they are together for sure, though," Fred pointed out, "Maybe he's asking her to be snog buddies."

"After all the crap he went through to get with her? I highly doubt that."

"It's still a possibility."

Fred sighed in defeat. He had lost the bet.

"There's only one problem," he said, "I don't have 10 galleons."

"What do you mean you don't have 10 galleons?" Jessica asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"I bet Louis about when Andrew and Taylor would get together. I didn't think they'd get together until Valentine's Day. I was proven wrong and lost my money."