31 ► The Chamber of Secrets

Spring break had come and gone and it was now the middle of April. In a month, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw would be playing each other for the quidditch cup. Both of the houses desperately wanted the cup. Gryffindor wanted to show that they could beat Ravenclaw without cheating. Ravenclaw wanted to continue winning.

Early that day, James had told Kristen that he had managed to find a recording of his dad saying something in Parseltongue and that he should be able to open the chamber. Kristen was a bit nervous about going in the chamber to be honest. What if for some reason they couldn't get out of the chamber and were trapped in there forever? What if another monster had taken up residency within the chamber?

However, she wasn't going to let James know how nervous she was. She was going to put on a brave face and act like she was perfectly fine with it. James and Kristen had agreed to meet outside the Ravenclaw common room at midnight. That was where she was when she felt a hand tap her on the shoulder.

Kristen jumped, startled by the sudden touch. She spun around, expecting it to be James, but no one was there.

"James?" she asked hesitantly, "Are you here?"

Suddenly she found herself unable to talk and realized that a silencing charm had been used on her. Now she was really scared. Maybe it would be best to just go back inside the Ravenclaw common room and go with James some other night. She started heading towards the door, but suddenly she was being levitated in the air.

She struggled to get free. She longed to be back in the common room where she would be less likely to be attacked. She couldn't even see who was attacking her. All of a sudden, the levitating spell was lifted, and she came falling to the ground. She pulled out her wand, hoping she'd have time to cast a spell on herself before she smashed into the ground. However, instead of the ground, she fell into a pair of strong arms.

Looking up, she realized that James was holding her. Realizing that he was holding his best friend's sister in his arms, he quickly put her down, and covered both of them with some sort of cloak.

"I'll lift the silencing charm, but you have to promise not to start screaming," James whispered.

Kristen nodded and soon found that she was able to talk again.

"What the fuck was that for?" Kristen angrily asked in a whispered tone.

"I found it quite funny," James replied, showing her a cocky grin.

"Well it wasn't."

"Were you scared?"