Chapter 16

Khalil POV

I texted Khamarie and asked was she up. Only reason I didn't text the guys was because they wouldn't understand but Khamarie because she know what it feels like to lose a sibling. She is sorta like my personal journal and I'm hers. We just get high and tell each other out problems and cry. She texted me back 5 minutes later and said yea why wassup. I said back that I needed her and she said she's on her way. 20 minutes later she was walking through my front door.

Their convo

Khamarie- Hey bestie what's wrong
Khalil- I just miss him man
Khamarie- Miss who
Khalil- Kieantae
Khamarie- Who that
Khalil- My brother man it's just hard round this time cause this when he was killed and it was all my fault
Khamarie- How is it your fault? Did you kill him
Khalil- I-I-I it was my fault he told me not to get out the car and I did. I should've just listened (cries)
Khamarie- Tell me exactly what happened
Khalil- My mama sent us to the corner store to get some eggs for sum she was cooking a-and when we got to the store he saw some weird niggas and was like aye stay in the car and what ever happens don't get out. But I was trying to be hard and said I'm straight ain't shit finna happened like a stupid ass 14 year old would say. So he got out and locked me in but I still opened the door and got out and started walking towards the store and when he was on the way back they started shooting and and and he stepped in front of me and got hit instead. (Cries even harder) That bullet was meant for me it should've been me instead of him man.  Why couldn't it be me I know that what my parents wish that's why they never here they haven't called or showed up in about a year. The last time I seen them they didn't even look me in my face. Do you know how bad that hurts?
Khamarie- Yea I do. But many people don't know this not even D but I had a older brother on my dads side who got killed for being at the wrong place wrong time. He was over at Howard and was at a house party things went left and he didn't make it. Bullets don't have a name remember that. Don't blame yo self you was just a child wanting to act hard like most boys at that age. I know you miss your brother but don't blame yo self ion eva wanna hear you say that again you hear me.
Khalil l- Yea but if-
Khamarie- Ion wanna hear it it's not yo fault it's them lil corner boys that's always wanna show how hard they is fault.
Khalil- ok
Khamarie- And as far as your parents go fuck em their not real parents cause if they was they would've been here for you loving you and helping you. Even though they lost a child they should've realized they still had another one to love to love twice as much. But hey fuck them I love you and so do the guys and rain he'll even my daddy. Ok
Khalil- Yeah I love you too. You tryna smoke
Khamarie- Yeah you wanna stay at mines or want me to stay here
Khalil- We can stay at yours.
Convo over

TO BE CONTINUED

SORRY I KNOW ITS WAS A SHORT ONE BUT IT ONLY HAD ONE PURPOSE

TO BAD KHALIL HAD TO FACE THAT TRAUMA

614 words

VOTE AND COMMENT