6

2 years had passed. Nakano was becoming stronger than ever. Of course, Tanjiro was proud of his growth, but he couldn't stop worrying. Every day he would come home, beaten and bruised, and he would be so tired he could barely talk. He was worried Kin was overworking him, and he decided he needed to speak up. 

it was the weekend, so he found Nakano lying on his bed, writing poems. 

"yo." Nakano smiled at him, putting his pen down and facing him. 

"hi!" He smiled back and sat down next to him, feeling a little bit nervous about the sudden topic.

"So... I've noticed you've been working hard, a little too hard..."

Nakano sighed and frowned.

"yeah. i know. but i'm fine! I promise! I'll do anything to keep you and Nezuko safe and happy." Nakano smiled as he spoke. Tanjiro started to feel frustrated. but not with Nakano... with himself. The redhead grabbed the other males hands and teared up.

"but you're not fine! I know you're not! Everyday i see you're beautiful face bruised and bleeding, i can't help but worry!"

Nakano sighed again.

"i know. i know i'm not fine. But i don't care. If i'm to do this at least i know i'm being useful for once." Nakano caressed his lover's cheek wth his hand.

"you don't have to be useful, i just want you to stay by my side forever. Please... just rest. okay? just let me take care of you for a while."