C H A P T E R I I I

It had been a while for the tired three, and Nakano was close to falling asleep on Tanjiro's shoulder while walking, but Nezuko quickly took his spot, which made him pout. Suddenly Tanjiro jolted up, sniffing around. "The smell of blood." He murmured, running up towards the direction of the scent. He gasped when the area was revealed, to be a broken in house, with blood splattered all over the walls and floorboards, making Nakano want to throw up. The dead and lifeless corpse laid there silently, and Nezuko started foaming at the mouth and sweating, trying to resist. "Nezuko! Try and fight it, remember?" The blue eyed brunette piped up, investigating the house thoroughly and Nezuko snapped her head in the opposite direction to ignore it. "See? Great job Nezuko!" Nakano cheered. The pink eyed little girl muffled happily through her muzzle and sat in her basket, observing the trees and river.

"Nakano! Watch out!" Tanjiro yelled as a demon came hurdling towards him. Luckily the small and nimble boy was quick to think, and had successfully dodged the thing. The demonic figure was about to pounce on the brunette, but to his surprise, it's head was kicked off of its body and splat onto the tree. Nakano looked up to see who this mysterious person was, and it was Nezuko. Her irises had turned into thin lines, and she had veins popping out of her head.

"Greetings." A mysterious male voice spoke, scaring the hell out of the trio. "My name is Sakonji Urokodaki. I am guessing Giyuu Tomioka sent you." The man stated. He had grey hair, a cloud patterned Haori and a goblin mask. "B-baka! Don't scare us like that! We could have had a heart attack!" Nakano complained. Tanjiro sighed. "Sorry for his impoliteness sir, and yes, Tomioka did send us." He apologised, bowing to the elder. In an act of shyness, Nezuko quickly shrunk into her basket and closed the lid. Then the sun rose, making the demon behind them burn and turn into dust. "So that's why Nezuko hates sunlight so much?" The blue eyed boy thought, having his hyperactive imagination take over, and soon he had drifted into his own little world, paying absolute no mind to reality. It was like playing your favourite song through a pair of noise canceling earphones, or watching your favourite anime in the dark at two in the morning and getting completely lost in it. It was an incredible feeling.

"Tell me your names." Urokodaki commanded. At that moment Nakano snapped back into reality. "I'm Nakano Hitoko." Nakano muttered, just before getting lost in the beautiful sunrise. "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, and my sister, Nezuko Kamado is in that box." Tanjiro pointed to the small box and Urokodaki nodded. "Listen here Tanjiro, when you're carrying a demon with you, you either have to sacrifice your life for it, or slit your stomach and die. That's what it means to be carrying a demon as your sister." Urokodaki spoke, making Nakano turn his head. "W-wait, Tanjiro's not gonna die is he?" The brunette asked with a worried look on his face, and the old man sighed. "That is for you three to decide. Now come along, we have much training to do." Urokodaki spoke, leaving the two boys in silence.

As the three walked up the mountain, the air became thinner and thinner, Tanjiro was puffed out and sweaty, it was pretty much the same for the smaller boy. But Urokodaki was strong, he didn't show any signs of pain, which made Nakano amazed.

They had finally arrived at the cabin, and the two boys were relived. "Did we pass the test? Do we get to be demon slayers now?" The teal eyed brunette excitedly asked, practically jumping up and down. "Silly boy, the test has only just begun." The old man laughed, and Nakano suddenly felt like he had been punched in the stomach a million times. He sighed and leaned on Tanjiro, and the taller boy wrapped his arm around his shoulder. Urokodaki opened the door and greeted a lady who was pouring tea. She had navy long hair, and a red China dress. She also had a curvy figure, and thick looking thighs. "Hello Sakonji dear!" She greeted, and focused her eyes on the two young boys. "Ara ara, what do we have here? Two handsome young boys, hm? They aren't for me are they?" The lady giggled, making the two feel very uncomfortable. "Tanjiro, Nakano, this is my wife, Kin Urokodaki." The man explained, and the two nodded. "Tanjiro and Nakano, I think it's time you went to bed." Urokodaki suggested, but Nakano shook his head. "I would, but the stars outside are beautiful, I want to look at them." He explained, and the grey haired male sighed. "Okay okay, but only for an hour." He ordered and Nakano nodded, running outside. "Why isn't he cute!" Kin giggled, making Tanjiro smile. "Yeah, he is." The redhead agreed and sat down on his futon.

After a while of trying to sleep, Tanjiro finally gave up and decided to go outside. There he found Nakano, who was still sitting down and staring at the stars. He smiled and sat down next to him, and Nakano turned his head. "Tanjiro, remember when we first met?" Nakano asked, turning his head back to the stars. Tanjiro smiled and nodded. "I was just thinking about it. When we were ten, a girl had a huge crush on me, but then I rejected her. I realised that I didn't want to marry any girls back then, so I had a meltdown because I thought I'd never get married because of it. And then you found me, and I told you everything. Then you said that you would offer to marry me, because you wanted to be nice. It made me smile so much that I immediately said yes. And then, over time, I started to fall in love with you, Tanji." Nakano smiled and held his hand, and Tanjiro kissed him on the cheek.
"You missed." Nakano said, tilting his eyebrow. "Hm, what do you mean?" Tanjiro asked slightly confused. Suddenly, the brunette slammed his lips on Tanjiro's, and the redhead immediately kissed back. He wrapped his arms around Nakano's small waist, and the Brunette cupped the others cheeks. They were running out of air, and they soon parted lips, stopping for a second. "I love you Nakano." Tanjiro panted and they locked lips once more, making Nakano hungry for more. When they finally parted lips once more, Nakano exhaled heavily, with a flustered face. "T-Tanji, as much as I want this, I-it just isn't the right time." He admitted, and Tanjiro nodded, giving him one last kiss and helping him up.

The two entered the cabin, and laid down on their futons, finally drifting off to sleep.