001. a gift of a child

I. INTRODUCTION ARC

their lives were taken away in order to protect their child, the favored one

their lives were taken away in order to protect their child, the favored one. a gift given to them, a gem that should be kept alive no matter the cost. that child's name was EMI RIKIMARU.

at six years old, someone could say that emi was as cute as a button. she had brown locks of hair that reached mid-back, a face seeming like she was sculpted carefully by the gods themselves, and her most unique feature being her eyes.

heterochromia, or heterochromia iridium, is a condition where the person has multicolored irises.

in emi's case, her eyes were blue and green. but in a better description they were like jewels themselves. her right eye was opalescent, the base color a bright blue surrounded by specks of different hues. as for her left, it was like an olive color. different swirls of green and some brown mixed in.

as for her parents, they both had brown hair as well. her father, SHUICHI RIKIMARU, was a tall man, his eyes were a soft shade of brown, the smile he gave was always gentle. they were something reassuring for both the young girl and his own wife.

emi's mother, GINA RIKIMARU, was an average height for a woman her age, with piercing green eyes. her hair was a darker shade than her husband's, cut short and not even touching her shoulders. her skin was fair and the woman also had light freckles dotted on her face.

these two were killed in an attempt of murder involving their child.

lives of seventeen different sorcerers, well two plus fifteen curse users if you want it to be put that way. one second the rikimaru family of three were enjoying a movie and the next they were surrounded by those fifteen. emi was ushered to her bedroom and instructed to face the corner, which she did.

"no matter what, don't leave from your spot."

those were her mother's final words to her before she ran off downstairs, facing the people who dared to step into her home. that encounter caused all of their deaths.

shuichi and gina rikimaru managed to beat them but their injuries were what killed them.

a blood bath was how SATORU GOJO would describe it when he arrived at the scene. he was called by shuichi, who the white-haired male got to meet when he was younger. bodies were littered around and blood painted the walls. it was a sight no child should see.

the eerie silence that lingered for a couple of minutes is what caused her to leave her bedroom. everything should've been alright now, right? emi disobeyed her mother's words, and so she saw the bodies that managed to make it into the house.

it was when a large hand covered her eyes that she felt fear being instilled into her. another was placed on her shoulder as the male talked, soon shutting himself up.

"listen, a kid like you shouldn't be lo-"

gojo quieted himself when two shikigami appeared in front of him. both were made from cursed energy mists, one was chilling and the other burning.