006. overdue errands

"aw, we can't make anything with this

"aw, we can't make anything with this."

tsumiki and emi stood next to each other as they peered into the fridge to see nothing much to cook. looking at the pantry and cabinets, the same result occurred.

it was just snacks and random drinks. there was no real food to cook for the three of them to eat. satoru would not be joining them as he had a mission of his own.

the weather also didn't help the situation. it was freezing outside as blankets of white covered the ground, contrasting the darkness of the sky.

christmas was approaching soon and emi could only hope that satoru would be there soon. it was her favorite holiday ever since she could remember.

"merry christmas, sweetie," gina smiled lovingly at her daughter. "here's your gift from your mother."

"mimi! it's your favorite time of the year, meaning... we get to anno- visit nanami and give him your gift!" satoru entered emi's bedroom with his usual grin.

he was very busy as a special grade sorcerer, and one could only wonder how he even made as much time as he did for the three middle school students.

it wasn't even meant to be all three of them. satoru was supposed to take in emi and only provide financial support to the fushiguros. but after seeing how they got along well, he might as well put them all under a roof together.

satoru thought that emi had lived a life where she was sheltered enough. then megumi and tsumiki lived their younger years without the memories of the ones who were supposed to shelter them.

why not let them live together then? it was the solution that resulted in the least amount of hassle for everyone. that choice was probably what made their lives a bit easier.

emi looked at the clock, "well the supermarket should still be open at this time. who's turn is it to go grocery shopping?"

tsumiki looked at the list of chores that hung on the wall. she dragged her finger down to where it read the names of who went last time for grocery shopping and who is supposed to go next.

"megumi and i went last time, meaning that it's your turn and his. megumi!" tsumiki called for her brother.

soon enough, megumi came in wearing a loose dark grey shirt and black sweatpants, "what is it?"

"it's time for you and emi to go buy some food. just enough for tonight if you guys want to. i'll go out tomorrow to buy more if so," tsumiki informed him.

the noirette turned to glance out the window. not only did he see the weather forecast this morning, but he could feel the chilliness from inside his bedroom where the heater was on.

"in this weather? are you aware of how cold it is right now? close to the night of all times too," megumi reminded as if they didn't know.

"sorry," emi pressed her hands together, "i probably should've checked earlier so we wouldn't have to go so late."