002. verbal and physical punches

SIX YEARS LATERSAITAMA URAMI EAST MIDDLE

SIX YEARS LATER
SAITAMA URAMI EAST MIDDLE

eight hours on weekdays had been dreadful for the brown-haired girl. school is known to be a part of your life where you make friends and experience new things with those friends, but emi hadn't been experiencing them at all.

four months into her first year of middle school and the girl could compare her classes with hell. the learning itself was fairly easy, it was her schoolmates that had made everything terrible.

her eyes were unique. heterochromia was a condition where it is seen to be in less than one percent of people and people don't like what they either don't know, or can't compare to.

that was emi's case. her two different colored eyes were in a class of their own amongst her peers, and so that made her a prime target for the bullying that went on in the school.

no matter how much the friends she called her own family would tell her that they were beautiful, the degrading comments from her classmates brought her down.

then there was also the physical bullying. her hair being pulled on, being shoved onto a wall or the ground, having someone trying to shove her head in the toilet because of how she apparently deserved to be there because of her looks.

emi became insecure.

many things changed over the years, the second being the living situation. while she was seven, both she and satoru moved in with the fushiguro siblings into a new house.

the third thing that would be considered major is the change in her name. instead of being emi rikimaru, the girl was now known as emi gojo.

it was all sudden but the girl didn't mind it. the older gojo had saved her life, so she didn't feel like she could go against it anyway if she would want to.

"gojo!" someone called out for her after she split up with the fushiguro siblings to head to her own classroom.

what was unlucky for her is that even though she and megumi were in the same grade level, they had different classes on opposite sides of the building. tsumiki was a year older so she was never an option in the first place.

emi recognized the group of boys strolling up to her. they were some of the more popular delinquents in her class so nobody really bothered them.

you could compare it to a free pass, one that they could show to most and have approved. but since it was emi, this goes for basically all of the students, not a peep was said.

"i feel kinda bad for her..."

"that freak? no way."

emi had heard different variations of those two lines, and she was the 'freak' they spoke of. it was just an eye color, so why was everyone worked up about it?