005. involvement

emi frowned at the sight she could see from the window on the second floor

emi frowned at the sight she could see from the window on the second floor. it was time for lunch, and she wasn't able to eat with megumi because she had to make up work.

she decided to roam around the halls to waste away time when finishing, not guessing she'd see the small pile of students in the courtyard.

walking away from the stack was a black spiky-haired student, and there was only one person emi could think of as the culprit.

ever since summer break had come to an end almost two months back, megumi would occasionally beat up some of the delinquents in the school. he got scolded often yet always walked it off.

"megumi," emi called when she managed to catch up with him.

the boy turned around, "what is it?"

he seemed so nonchalant about the situation. his hands rested in his pockets as he walked, as well as when he turned to face the brunette.

"why do you continue beating up those guys? you keep getting in trouble," her frown was present.

"it's nothing," he turned back around to the direction he was walking in previously. "just drop it."

"but you don't do things for no reason."

a valid point. megumi usually thinks both the things he says and does through. he's a rational person who sees things with logical reasons.

beating up those in school didn't suit the type of person he was. megumi likes reading books, it something that calmed him. he loved to drink black coffee in the mornings, no sugar or anything added.

he was a more quiet person, keeping mostly to himself. but clearly something he now didn't keep to himself were his fists.

"did you see that girl?"

"girl? oo, tell me!"

"the ugly weirdo with the different eyes, she follows fushiguro around. man, i would be annoyed if i were him."

"i think her name's gojo or something. what about her?"

"well..."

megumi blinked at the memory from not even thirty minutes ago. he couldn't keep it to himself when hearing people insult the girl who had done absolutely nothing wrong.

she was not some weirdo, nor was she somebody who just followed him around, or even considered ugly.

emi was kind. the noirette could remember the countless of times where she tried to have him feel included, even though he didn't care about whatever was happening.

she helped with chores around the house, trained as hard as she could to become strong for when she'd become a sorcerer like him, she learned to bake just so she could make something to somebody's specific likings.