004. zenin clan

there was only two weeks left of school after the confrontation before summer break

there was only two weeks left of school after the confrontation before summer break. and those two weeks felt nicer than they usually were, less people giving those odd looks and comments.

it seemed that ishikawa really had a great effect on the people, mostly the guys. they focused on themselves, not really out there to bully any girls.

emi felt herself taking deep breaths of clean air after being suffocated beneath the ground for months, and it was refreshing. things obviously weren't going to stop immediately because almost nothing ever does, but this was better than nothing.

so she wasn't burdened with too much on her mind while trying to do the summer homework assigned with megumi. they sat at opposite ends of the dining table, writing away.

"megumi," emi called for the male fushiguro, "do you think i should go with toru-san to that meeting between the clans?"

there were days where the three major jujutsu clans had gathered together, partially for business to be done. the other reason being that the simply had the money for it.

emi was only aware of it being held in a couple of days because of how satoru had informed her. what was more important though, was the fact that people had apparently wanted her to come.

"they want me to go?" emi confusedly repeated, "but why? i'm not in the clan and it's for the three major clans."

satoru exhaled, "it's cause of me that they want you to tag along. some people want to know why you're staying with me and if you deserve the gojo name and what not. it's a load of bull they won't stop pestering me about."

emi could see how annoyed the man seemed with the members, noting how it was because they wanted her to come. were they really that curious about her?

as she was being informed of that, megumi and tsumiki were also listening in the back. not too many secrets between the four were kept, but of course there was still those few.

"whatever you think is best," he met her multi-hued eyes with his own dark blue ones. "our ways of thinking are different."

"but i only asked you because i'm not sure," emi's cheek met with her notebook. "i want to go for toru-san, but facing all of those people is going to be scary."

"see it as training then," megumi suggested. "you don't get nervous during training, right? going out and facing them is also training to be less shy, and i know you want that."

emi thought about it and realized that megumi had a solid point. she didn't learn combat by just watching, she had gone and done it herself. there would be no way to magically become better at human interactions. the process would be nerve racking but worth it.

during the time you practice any skills, mistakes will be made. it'll happen as emi tries becoming more confident, but she could only hope for the end result to be what she wanted.