perfect fools

□□□

□□□

Jungkooks penthouse was huge, situated on one of the posh areas of gangnam district.

the clearly expensive abode was brought by jungkook with his own money a few years back and it was clearly one of his secret pride.

so it really ticks a nerve in him to see it look so trashed.

it was around 6 pm now. jungkook had finished his work and returned back earlier than usual because he felt bad for his beloved newlywed husband alone at home.

just as he had punched in the codes and opened the doors, jungkook had scrunched his nose at the pungent smell.

his living room practically looked like a dumpster- there were chips packets, bottles and whatever strewn across all over the floor.
it wasn't the first time he had came home to a sight like this- so jungkook was somewhat unfaced to all of it now.

looks like being married is harder than jungkook imagined it to be.

he knows the marriage was random- the classic parents set up their kids together move. but jungkook had thought they'll make it work somehow. but in this case, it feels like only he is the one trying.

"taehyung?" he called out as he got in, closing the doors behind, but there was no response.
jungkook might have liked the idea of coming home with a hug from his husband or maybe a kiss. he'd like if they could sit together and talk about each other's day. but looks like he isn't that lucky.

so quitting his sulking he steered clear of the mess, making his way to the bedroom.

their shared bedroom was no different- there were clothes carelessly strewn on furnitures, taehyungs makeup products all over the table and jungkooks eyes did quiver when he saw a tiny blob of blue paint on his white pristine walls- he had to take a deep breath to remain calm.

and then finally his eyes landed on the form on the messy bed.

ah there was his beloved husband, taehyung had his headphones on, laptop in his front as he messily drew something on a paper, probably something related to his work.

it had took a solid 3 minutes for taehyung to notice jungkooks presence.
"oh- you're home early?" taehyung had stated after glancing at the bedside clock.

"yeah.." jungkook smiled wryly.
"how was your day?" he added hoping to start a conversation as he walked into the room, placing his suitcase neatly on the cupboard.

"meh." taehyung shrugged and the conversation died like that.

jungkook sighed again.
he knows taehyung wasn't very keen on this marriage, but hey, taehyung couldn't atleast try to conceal the hate.