22~Second task

"McGonagall needs you two." George pointed to me and Hermione. Currently me and the trio were sat in the library. It was the night before the second  task and Harry had finally figured out the egg  the day before so we were trying to find a solution. "Why us?" I asked.

"Don't know. Must be important though she looked quite sad." After saying our goodbyes we followed Fred and George out of the library and towards professor McGonagalls office.

She opened the door and ushered us in, dismissing the twins. Inside of the room was Minnie, cho and a small girl that kind of looked like Fleur.

"For the second task each of the champions will have something stolen from them to save.. and that will be you. We will have Miss Chang for Mr Diggory, Miss Delacour for Miss Delacour, Miss Granger for Mr Krum and Miss Black for Mr Potter."

Minnie took another step towards us and raised her wand "Now I am terribly sorry for this..." the last thing I saw was the glowing light of Minnies wand before my vision went black.

✨✨⚡️⚡️✨✨

I took in a deep gasp of air. The waves of the lake hit me over and over again as I took in my surroundings. Next to me was the young girl I had seen in Minnies office struggling to stay above the water. I grabbed her and placed her on my back, taking her with me to the wooden stands.

"Where's Harry?" I asked. Hermione had tears running down her face as she answered. "We don't know he must be under still.." panic flooded through me but was quickly replaced by determination.

Without a word I dived back into the murky depths of the lake. I swam to the underneath of where I became aware, hoping to find him. The deprivation of oxygen ached in my lungs but I didn't care. Eventually I found Harry trapped in grabbing kelp. It reaches out and traps its pray when it needs to feed.

The kelp was wrapped tightly around Harry's ankle. I could see his gills closing up but that only made me go faster. I swam down to his leg pulled at the seaweed but it wouldn't budge. Moving back I little a shot a burst of fire at it that surprisingly still worked underwater. I saw over to Harry to make sure he was alright.

I could feel my heart slowing and my whole body becoming weak, there was no way both of us would make it to the surface. I caressed his cheek and sent him a sad smile. I took his hand that was wrapped around his wand and held it in mine. In a burst of longing I pressed my lips to his. It was a small and unsatisfying kiss that only left me wanting more but I knew I didn't have much time. With my last breath I whispered "Ascendio".

And just like that Harry was ripped away from me, shooting back up to the surface...to safety. I took comfort in the fact that Harry was alive and that I had at least gotten to kiss him once before my inevitable death.

Scenes played in the water before my eyes, I guess I was hallucinating but I didn't care.

Harry standing at an alter in an all black suit. In the chairs are guests all of their family including Lily and James and....mum all completely dressed in white. A girl walks down the isle in an all black dress. Her hair cascades down her back in shining waves. Harry's eyes start to water as he catches sight of her. Her eyes lock on his and they slowly get closer and closer. She is being walked down the isle by a man who had short black hair slicked back and an amazing black and white tuxedo with a red tie. The bridesmaids are wearing elegant red dresses and the groomsmen have red ties. As the ceremony begins the man with the black hair hands a pile of Galleons to the man with round glasses.

The scene changes into something more sinister. The girl is on a bed surrounded by other women and blood. But instead of babies being born it's another scene. Walking towards her in the water is a lion, a snake, an eagle and a badger. The badger approaches her and whispers something she cannot hear.

The nonsense visions blurred away as my mouth opened to welcome the water into my lungs. I could feel the blood in my veins coming to a complete stop as my muscles suffocated. My heart faltered more and more with every second. My eyes fluttered closed as I welcomed death like an old friend...

Thump-thump Thump-thump.....silence.

A/n~ 796 words....I have no words.... Tehe how are you guys doing emotionally over this chapter. To be honest I really like this chapter because I feel like I wrote her death really well I just think the end is very....poetic. And who doesn't love a poetic death?! Right so I'm going to lock my doors and windows now.....❤️❤️

Love , Author x