Chapter 3

Chapter 3*

Shen Xing rubbed his cheek. He heard the phrase "go to bed early" so many times that he didn't have time to say good night back to someone.

The heat on his face remained unabated, he secretly clicked on the picture that Kong Ji sent him. After zooming in and looking at it, he hurriedly saved it and didn't feel like opening it again.

The size of Kong Ji was surprisingly big that Shen Xing folded his fingers and made a fist. Obviously, he didn't touch anything, but his fist felt a sense of satisfaction.

"I shouldn't think about it anymore." Shen Xing threw away the phone and got up to wash his face, during which he didn't even bother to look in the mirror.

It turns out that when a wishful thinking comes true, it's enough to make people ecstatic.

Shen Xing had a hard time sleeping through the night—so much so that he almost didn't get up on time in the morning. In his convenience store, in addition to himself, there's a young girl named Jia Jia who worked the day shift. The other one is a part-time worker at night, Xiao Gao.

He ran to the store in a frenzy. As soon as he entered the store, he heard Jia Jia complaining, "Boss, if you didn't come, I'll be too busy. Xiao Gao has already gone to class."

"Sorry about that." Shen Xing, with his hands clasped together, apologized repeatedly.

There was a long line of people buying breakfast and oden[1]. Shen Xing rushed into the cashier's desk to do the cashier's job.

TN: [1] Oden ~ Japanese dish made with boiled eggs, processed fish cakes, daikon radish, tofu etc. in a kelp-based broth.

The store didn't clear up until after the morning rush hour. Jia Jia, holding the list of goods, said: "Boss, I'll go inside to do an inventory count."

Shen Xing had not slept well all night and his nerves had relaxed a little, feeling the back pain, he leaned on the cigarette rack and said breathlessly: "Okay."

Indulging in debauchery is harmful to one's health, but he didn't do anything last night. Shen Xing looked at the door, the figure walking from a distance was pulled to distortion by the glass door. Shen Xing squinted his eyes, and the more he looked, the more familiar he became. Until the smooth glass screen door was topped opened, Kong Ji put his hands in his trouser pockets and peeped his head into the store.

Shen Xing instantly came to his senses. "Hello..."

Kong Ji nudged his mouth in the direction of the cigarette rack. "Smoke."

In the past year or two, the three things that Kong Ji bought most at Shen Xing's store were cigarettes, bottled water, and condoms.

When buying condoms, Shen Xing would be depressed for one night. When buying cigarettes, he was worried that Kong Ji had not eaten properly.

Probably because of last night's familiarity, Shen Xing got a little carried away, and he even gave a thoughtless advice: "Smoking all the time is not good for your health."

Kong Ji looked at Shen Xing in bewilderment. At the beginning, he did not want to live in school and rented a studio at the back of the University by himself. This convenience store is the closest store to his rented studio.

The owner of the store is a gentle person. He occasionally came to buy an item, and the two of them hardly ever chatted with each other. Between the merchant and the buyer, there is always a tacit understanding of a casual encounter.

Kong Ji's also not that haughty enough to seek trouble in nothing, in the display of a stranger's good intentions; he wanted to make a perfunctory remark, but he didn't expect the other to wave his hands in panic, and his eyes didn't dare to meet him again. "No... I... I'm sorry..."