Chapter 7

Chapter 7*

It is no exaggeration to say that since the video call appointment with Kong Ji, Shen Xing has been in a trance all afternoon. In the evening, he went home early and was in a state of flux all the way. He thought the mood would ease a little after the shower, but he didn't expect his heart to thump even more.

He was lying on the bed flustered, with a look of waiting for Emperor Kong Ji to spend the night with him concubine Shen Xing. This absurd thought flashed through his mind, and he shook his head hard.

"It's just a video call, no need to be so nervous." Besides, it's Kong Ji who's showing his face, not him. Shen Xing was thinking to himself, what should he do when the time comes to meet him.

There is no evening self-study today, so Kong Ji engaged in a video call with Shen Xing, he already expected that the view on Shen Xing's side was a dark scene. "You're home?"

Shen Xing was frightened enough by his unclothed appearance.

In the shot, Kong Ji also has just finished taking a shower. His upper body is naked, his hair is wet and dripping water, plus he is holding a towel in one hand to wipe his hair. The muscles on his shoulders are slightly bulging, and his abdomen looks hard.

The only sound on the phone was the rustling of static current, Kong Ji frowned and looked at the phone. "Why don't you say something?" Compared to Shen Xing's panic, Kong Ji was still calm and collected even in front of the camera.

"Ah?" Shen Xing wanted to slap himself, he really didn't want to be overly raw in front of Kong Ji. He also did not expect himself to be as comfortable as Kong Ji, at least he could communicate normally.

Kong Ji smiled at him, with his low tone, the intimacy was just the right amount of ambiguity. "You're not shy, are you?"

The way he stammered and had to refute a statement that "he's not shy", not only is it unconvincing, but it will also make Kong Ji laugh at him. So, Shen Xing decided to tell the truth. "A little..."

Kong Ji threw away the towel in his hand and leaned back on the sofa. The dim night light shone on his face, and the atmosphere between the two suddenly became intimate.

"You go look in the mirror to see if your face is red?" Kong Ji's voice was profound, but his tone was soft. And he deliberately moved closer to the phone, as if he was whispering to Shen Xing's ear.

Shen Xing rubbed his face, he was thinking that since he couldn't do it without changing his expression. The only thing he could do, seemingly is to just bite the bullet and take it, he muttered: "Probably... it's red..."

"Pfft." Kong Ji didn't manage to keep his countenance and laughed out loud. He could almost imagine the look of Shen Xing with that harmless face, answering his question pitifully.

It was very embarrassing to be ridiculed by Kong Ji, Shen Xing was discouraged and did not speak any more. But, he shouldn't stop talking, he must not let Kong Ji sing a one-man show by himself. However, Shen Xing was not an eloquent speaker, so there was no way to liven up the atmosphere.

He looked at Kong Ji who was smiling very happily in the screen. For a while, he thought it was a good thing to cheer up Kong Ji, because Kong Ji usually has a cold face, but when he smiles unrestrainedly, he has a rare childishness.

Not waiting for Shen Xing to see enough, Kong Ji suddenly stopped. With a slight smile still lingering on his face, he tilted his eyebrows and asked: "You're really a virgin, huh?"

Shen Xing was silent for a while. As expected, he could not escape the topic of virginity. What he minded was not the question of Kong Ji, but he himself.

He was desperate to get close to Kong Ji, he had no knowledge whether Kong Ji has a partner, or whether Kong Ji is a good person or not. Everything was based on his imagination of Kong Ji, which is not only one-sided but also spark a variety of emotions.

Not only did he not consider whether Kong Ji would like him, he also did not think about whether Kong Ji was suitable for him or not.

From the bottom of his heart, he was willing to believe that Kong Ji was a person worthy of his affection.

Because once people have feelings, many things that should be sensible—become irrational.

Shen Xing was lying on the bed, with his chin right next to the back of his hand, he asked in a soft voice: "Do you mind?"

Do other people mind the issue of virginity? Kong Ji doesn't know, but at least he doesn't mind, and it can even be said that he likes and is excited.

This is undoubtedly a box of cake that is fully packaged, waiting for him to open it, cut it himself, and then taste it slowly. The process is a kind of an ultimate pleasure.

Anyone will feel the yearning for the cake in the box, and Kong Ji knew in advance—that inside is his favorite flavor. The unanticipated are bound to be a surprise for a long time, because he will be curious about the texture and sweetness of the cake, and those unknowns will be worth the anticipation.

"Why the question 'do you mind?'" Kong Ji is too capable of attacking his heart, no matter what questions he has, he will not answer them directly. "Shouldn't you ask me 'if I like it?'"

The first two sentences can make Shen Xing, who has little self-confidence, feel excited. Shen Xing moved his cell phone a little bit away from the camera. Even if he didn't directly show himself on cam, there is still the illusion that Kong Ji will see through his heart.

His heart rhythm is irregular. As long as he opens his mouth, his deafening heartbeat will be heard by Kong Ji.

Sensing Shen Xing's tension, Kong Ji can only unobtrusively change the subject. "You already know that I am a student of C University, but I still don't know you?"

"I run my own store."

Shen Xing's brain is not very quick-witted. Besides, Kong Ji had coaxed him into a confused state with a few words. In addition he deliberately guided him, he only remembered that he could not tell Kong Ji that he was running a convenience store at the back of the school. He didn't realize that he had inadvertently revealed that he was not a student.

Kong Ji didn't remind Shen Xing, but said with a projecting voice: "Then let me guess, which store is it? Is it the one selling lottery tickets, or the one that sells cakes? Or the convenience store—"

Saying that, Kong Ji glanced at the camera, and continued with a dull expression: "Or a hot pot restaurant... A cafeteria?"

Shen Xing's heart was raised to his throat. He always felt that Kong Ji's glance was of great significance. He held his breath and listened to Kong Ji determined the number of stores one by one. Kong Ji guessed it lightly, but he also didn't miss it.

He was like a small prey, strangled by Kong Ji, hanging on the edge of the cliff, and his matter of life and death depended on Kong Ji's mood.

Kong Ji shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "I guessed so much, did I guess it?"

Shen Xing did not give him a response, as expected, and Kong Ji took it step by step, he was not worried about the awkward silence at this point. He took the phone, the camera kept shaking on the opposite side, so the rustling sound became stronger and stronger.

Until Shen Xing was completely invisible to him on the screen, he again asked wistfully: "Since you don't want to talk about it, I won't force you, either. You like me to make guesses... you like to keep it mysterious, don't you?"

Kong Ji paused. There is no displeasure in his tone, but a deliberate murmur that makes one's hair stand on end. "It's okay, I like it too... But, if you have to lie to me—tell me a lie once, and I'll also fuck you once after we meet."

Shen Xing's ears began to shiver again, and his mouth was dry.

This is a kind of blatant sexual innuendo, Shen Xing can obviously circumvent Kong Ji's verbal provocation, but he's like an addict who inhaled poppy[1]. He just trembled and clasped his arms tightly, he couldn't refuse, both physically and mentally. He even wanted to take a leap into the abyss that is Kong Ji.

TN: [1] Opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) ~ flowering plant of the family Papaveraceae. Opium, morphine, codeine, and heroin are all derived from the milky latex found in its unripe seed capsule.