7. Sad and gloomy

Author's POV

It has been 2 days since Adhya has spoken to her friends. In these 2 days she has become sad. She feels guilty of lying to her friends and parents. She has dived inside her work of sketching and planning of cricket magazine.

Today also is not so different from those 2 days. She is sitting at the stands and sketching the practice going on in the field. She is in her own world, thinking about how to tell the information, about the consequences of her already taken decision which can't be taken back.

Everyone who knows about the situation, is worried for her. They tried talking to her but are either getting ignored or getting one word replies.

Rahul who seems to notice that today is also the same situation, goes near Virat who is there with Mahi bhai, Jassi, and other youngsters listening keenly to Mahi bhai.

"Vi bhai, see today also Adu seems sad. We have to talk to her even if she is avoiding us. Today I will not leave her without talking." He whispers to Virat.
Hearing this Virat sees Adhya and nods his head.

"You are right. We will talk to her today no matter what." Virat says.

Mahi bhai observes these 2 whispering and gets to know about what when he follows their direction of veiw.
He also thinks he should talk to Adhya and shouldn't delay it.

After sometime of guiding the youngsters, Dhoni dismisses them.

"You both don't worry, I'll go talk to Adu now, don't want any delays in it. You go and practice, however I've finished mine for today." He says it to Rahul and Virat.

"Okay bhai. If she doesn't talk also force her to talk." Says Virat and Rahul nods his head.
They both go and resume their practice with others.

Dhoni starts to head in Adhya's direction. Seeing that players who knew signals Virat and Rahul about it and they signal back that he was going to talk to her. Everyone also agrees and continue their practice but keep a watch on Dhoni and Adhya to see her response.

When Dhoni aproaches Adhya and sits next to her, she just looks at him and smiles. And he returns her smile.

"Hey! How far has the work completed?" Dhoni asks to start a conversation with her.

"It's still in the starting stages, it may take time till the end of the season to complete everything or even more." She replies to him.
He just nods.

"But is it okay if it takes more time?" He asks

"Yeah. Because it should be perfect and the board doesn't want to rush it." She replies

"Hmm"

She just continues to do her work.

"Adu" he calls her softly.
She turns to his side and allows him to continue.

"I know what has happened in Delhi" he says and waits for her reaction.

"Ohhh" she just tells that and turns to the field. She somewhat  guessed he might be knowing it. Now it's pakka.
He wasn't expecting this reaction but he continued.

"You know that no one could do anything in that situation. I know that you were kinda forced to take that decision for their sake. They feel sorry for just forcing and not thinking about your feelings. But they did what is best for him and you." He said

She just nodded and continued her work. She knows what the situation was at that time, but she still feels angry and she is helpless as it was soo fast.

"You know, when I heard what happened I was also angry on them. But I understood, and I now know that it was and is for the best. I love you and Rishu both, I want you both to be happy. But whatever is your decision I support you in it, I am there for you whenever you need me. Okay?"