17. Weird Me

Reminder : The teams and the players are of IPL 2021.

------------------------------------------------

Rishabh Pant

We played a match against RCB yesterday and we won the game making our spot in top 4 secure. We left from there to Kolkata at night as soon as we finished the match. Hope to win the game against KKR which is after a day and be in the top of the points table.

We were taking a break in between our practice. We all had gathered around the nets chit chatting and I was feeling lost.

I'm feeling soo damn lost from yesterday and I don't know the reason. It's making me so irritated and restless. Somehow I managed to keep that in check for yesterday's match and didn't let it hamper my performance.

"So at what time is Ads coming today??" I heard Prithvi ask.

Hearing to it I suddenly turned my head towards Prithvi, and he was seeing in my direction. I gave him a confused look

"By evening she should be here, she told her flight is in the afternoon. I don't know the exact time" I heard Shrey's voice for behind me.

Ohh so Prith was seeing him.

"Then call and ask right!" I told him as soon as he came and settled beside me.

"So eager to meet my bhabhi huh?" He asked me so as only I could hear him
wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

"Nothing like that! Kuch bhi! I'm just asking abt Rah Bhai!" I told

"Haan haan kuch bhi! Come on Rishu! Accept ki tu Ads ko miss kar rahe ho." He whispered.

"Nope! Main kyun usse miss karunga? I'm happy that penguin isn't here." I told

"Yup mujhe dikh raha hai tu kaise happy hai." He told in a sarcastic way. I was confused why he told it like that.

I'm genuinely happy that penguin is not here. After the match against SRH 4 days back, which we won (ofcourse) we went to Bangalore and Penguin went to Mumbai. Apparently she was given 2 days holiday and she left a day early as soon as the match completed.

I was soo over the moon when I heard this news. Like I was fed up of her. Whenever I used to see her, I was reminded of that day and our marriage. Though half of the people didn't know and others didn't probe anything to us it's just I was feeling so frustrated. And that came out in the form of bickering with her. I guess I can tell that she also felt the same. At first it was rare, but as the time went we use to bicker for small small things, all the people got accustomed to our bickering and didn't try to stop after first few failed attempts.

So I was at peace for 3 days but thanks to I don't know what, I'm feeling lost. And top of this, Shrey and Akshu never let me be in peace by their continuous teasings.

"Kya khus phus kar rahe ho tum dono?" Asked Prith.

"Arre Rishu was missing someone bhai!" Exclaimed Shrey.

"Who is that??" Asked Shikhi bhai with a playful smile.

"No one Bhai. He is just blabbering something." I told immediately

"But we know whom you're missing!" Told Akshu.

"And that too to become clean bowled again you're waiting for them!" Rabada said with a huge grin.

I made a scowling face.
Everyone started laughing.

"It was just fluke for her, she couldn't get me out of I had given my 100%". I told