1.0

"W-what is it?" I asked, my voice breaking. My palms were sweating and my hands were shaking. If anything happened to Van I don't know what I'd do.

"Your friend back there has a slim chance at making it. You see, when she shot herself, the bullet went through her abdomen, and clear through her. Right now she's surgery where they're trying to repair the damage. Sorry son," the doctor said, patted me on the head, and left.

My hands shook more violently than before. I put my head between my knees and knotted my hands in my hair. She can't die, I told myself, she can't. I'll be even more self destructive than when we were on the tracks. I need her, otherwise I'll die. I raced out of the hospital, just running to wherever my legs would carry me. Hot tears poured down my cheeks, and my chest ached with every breath I took. I must've nearly ran through the whole town, before something stopped me in front of Chris' house. I pounded on the door, still sniffling.

"What the hell? Teddy, man, what's wrong?" Chris asked groggily as he opened the door.

"I - it's Van, s-she tried to k-kill herself or something. A-and now she m-might actually d-die," I stammered out, before another wave of tears overflowed. Deep down, some stupid, egotistical part of me worried over how manly I seemed in this moment. Chris must've been talking to me, but I didn't notice. Everything was blurred from the tears, my head was throbbing, and I was just so overwhelmed with emotions. I suppose my body couldn't take it, and, shut down.

"Teddy? Hey, Teddy?! Man, you gotta get up!" Chris shouted. I didn't do anything, I couldn't. My vision dimmed, my limbs went weak, and Chris' shouting faded from bull horn loud to nearly silent.