1.3

It's been a few weeks since the whole Teddy incident. I see him every once and a while in the hallway at school, but I never really acknowledge him. Instead, I've shrunk into the shadows, only breaking out at lunch, when I sit with the guys.

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully, as I set down my tray.

"Hey Van, what's up?" Chris asked, scooting over to make room for me.

"I totally just bombed that math test," I joked. We all knew I was the smartest, besides Gordie though.

"Haha, very funny. I actually bombed it," Chris said, sending us all into laughter again.

"Hey Chris," Allie Watts called with a wink, as she strut by our table. I rolled my eyes and huffed, the girls were all over Chris, even Teddy. Speaking of the asshole, he was walking this way now.

"Asshole alert at 12 o'clock," I hissed under my breath. The other guys groaned and muttered, they'd stopped associating with Teddy after the whole thing.

"What do you want?" Gordie asked him, sounding annoyed.

"I just wanna talk to Van," Teddy said, looking back towards his table of jocks, and quickly looking back to me.

"Sorry buddy, but that's not gonna happen," Chris said, giving Teddy a dirty look. I sighed and stood up.

"Fine. Let's go outside, we don't need anyone hearing us," I said, not sure why I was agreeing to this.

We walked out of the cafeteria and to the small "playground" area behind the school.

"Why'd you wanna talk to me?" I asked, sitting on one of the swings.

"Because I wanted to apologize for what happened. I made a stupid mistake. I was scared and broken down, I wasn't thinking straight. I never meant to hook up with that girl, I jus-" he started rambling before I cut him off.

"It's done Teddy! I get it, you didn't mean any of it, but what's done is done. And that's us," I shouted, and his face crumpled.

"Van! Hear me out; I've never felt the way about anyone the way I feel about you. Honestly, I've been regretting everything since a few weeks ago," he sighed, and yanked up his shirt, "I even resorted to this, pathetic, I know."

Just along his waist was a series of cuts and scratches; some looking healed, others looking brand new.

"Oh, Teddy..." I whispered, and instinct made me whip my arms around him.

It felt as my world had finally found the missing piece it had been looking for, one that I had just happened to have lost a few weeks prior.

Hey everyone!

Tbh, this is my fave chapter do far.

If you have nothing better to do, or are in search of a new story to read, check out my new Corey Feldman fanfic!