Chapter 5: Midnight Mansion (3)

Without any external forces, the originally closed door to the mansion had opened by itself. Cheng Zhi Chu and the others felt their hairs stand up in terror and they all subconsciously took half a step back. Only Bai Yi stepped forward and turned on the flashlight to illuminate the gap between the door. After looking in for a few seconds, he reached out and pushed the door in.

"Creaaakk---Clack............"

Along with the sound of rusty hinges, dust fell from above as the door slowly opened. From inside the building, a musty scent rushed out. Under the dim light coming from the flashlight, the inside of the mansion appeared to be even more spooky.

When Bai Yi pushed the door open, the others all had very nervous expressions. When they saw that nothing strange happened after the door opened, they were able to let out a sigh of relief.

Because of his girlfriend Ren Xue, Wang Jianming wasn't very happy with Bai Yi. At this moment, he was even more dissatisfied. With a quiet voice he complained: "You should tell us in advance if you're going to open the door. What are you going to do if something goes wrong?"

Bai Yi smiled and said: "They said that the game would only start after we enter the mansion. It's just opening a door, nothing will happen."

Hearing him say that, Wang Jianming opened and closed his mouth. For a moment he couldn't think of anything to say back. Ren Xue tugged at his shirt and whispered accusingly to him: "Don't make a big fuss out of nothing....."

"........." Wang Jianming shut his mouth and his face flushed slightly red. Although he listened to Ren Xue's words and didn't push things any further, the look that he gave Bai Yi was filled will resentment. He brushed his shoulder against Bai Yi and took the first step into the mansion. At the same time, he muttered in a low voice, "Show off."

"Jianming!" Ren Xue was a little embarrassed. She gave Bai Yi an apologetic look, "I'm really sorry about this. That person is sometimes like that........"

"Xiao Xue, don't apologise. We have nothing to say to him!" From within the building came Wang Jianming's voice filled with resent.

Bai Yi politely smiled and didn't appear to take it to heart. He turned to Cheng Zhi Chu and Lu Wenjing who had been standing on the side the entire time as if they're transparent and said: "Let's go in."

"Okay."

Cheng Zhi Chu made a sound of acknowledgement and at the same time felt like his head was about to explode. What is this garbage? Why do we have to have this kind of dog-blood drama going on even while we're faced with a life or death situation? But he didn't dare interrupt.......he could only hope that they wouldn't continue fighting over something like this even after entering the mansion.

With a flashlight in their hands, everyone stepped into the mansion. The moment they all entered, the door slowly closed on its own. The musty smell grew stronger and it was mixed together with dust and a faint rotten smell that almost made Cheng Zhi Chu sneeze.

He covered his nose and mouth and used the other hand to hold his flashlight. He then nervously examined his surroundings.

They were currently in a place that appeared to be the living room. The floors, walls and furniture were all coated in a thick layer of dust. From under it, you could faintly see the originally brightly coloured and intricate patterns that once had its days of glory. But after the consecutive mysterious deaths, this place had been completely abandoned and it eventually became this state.

For some reason, the temperature inside was much lower than the temperature outside. It didn't take long for Cheng Zhi Chu to feel cold and shiver.