Chapter 11: Midnight Mansion (9)

【Discovered a clue. You gain 50 experience points and 100 survival points.】

【Item Name: Mrs Mei Jie's Diary (2/2)】

【Item Type: Instance Prop.】

【Can you bring it out of an instance: No】

【Description: The first owner's diary. It appears to contain secrets that no one knows about.】

"......"

Cheng Zhi Chu looked down at the blood-stained diary entries in his hand and, just as he was about to open it, he suddenly felt the building shake around him. He was so scared he threw the diary away and then huddled into a ball on the ground.

But this only lasted for a few seconds before it once again returned to dead silence and movements were no longer heard. Cheng Zhi Chu quietly looked up with his round eyes vigilantly scanning his surroundings. After confirming that nothing was going to appear, he moved to pick the diary up and then huddled in the corner of the room. With a wall behind him, he was able to feel a little more reassured.

What on earth was that.......It doesn't seem to be caused by the diary. Seems to be coming from above.........Was it related to Bai Yi?

Cheng Zhi Chu was a little worried about Bai Yi. Although they haven't known each other for long, Bai Yi had taken care of him and had saved him several times, so it was natural for him to worry about Bai Yi.

If even Bai Yi had something happen to him then he's afraid that he also........No, he shouldn't raise any flags. If he has time to think nonsense like this then he should use it to read the diary and then hurry back to reunite with Bai Yi.

Cheng Zhi Chu pushed the distracting thoughts aside and focused on the diary. He started off with quickly skimming through it and saw that although there were more pages this time, the content in each page was few. The writing in each entry also got messier and messier and it was evident that it was written in fear and desperation.

【What's going on? I've been hearing the sound of a baby crying in the middle of the night and this happened more than once. I am certain that it is not my imagination, but all the servants here are not married so there can't be any children here.】

【I clearly made them bury the necklace but every day I would wake up in the morning and see it sitting in my jewellery box.

At first, I thought it was someone's prank, so I was furious and reprimanded all the servants. I even replaced the lock to my bedroom to prevent others from sneaking in, but it was useless. The necklace still appeared.

I'm started to feel scared. This is so terrifying. Even if I tried to burn it, cut it with an axe or throw it into the river, it was impossible to destroy the necklace. No matter what I did to it the day before, it would appear as new as it could be in my jewellery box the next day.】

【Every day, I have been having terrible nightmares. I would always dream of the necklace and the jewel on it would look like an eye staring back at me coldly and sinisterly. When I let down my guard, a pair of hands would suddenly reach out from inside the necklace and grab onto my neck, choking me to death.

I woke up covered in cold sweat and once again I heard the sound of a baby crying but this time it was even more terrifying. It cried and cried and then its voice suddenly changed.

It started to laugh.】

【I understand now. That must be that bastard of Mary's! It wants revenge!

It cried out "Mummy", "Daddy" and then giggled but when it didn't receive a response, it would cry hysterically with a high-pitched, ear-piercing scream. Then it would suddenly calm down and say very coldly and indifferently: