Chapter 1

Part 1 - The Bird in the Cage

|||

"Hanaaaaaa~~!" a beautiful girl with long, blue hair exclaimed, running towards me. 

I deadpanned, opening my arms. 

Soon enough, the 14 year old girl was laying on top of me. I sighed, patting Robin's back. 

It's always like this nowadays; the moment Robin finds me, she immediately runs to me. I know that this.. kind of situation was not described in the novel, but I was more than happy to know that Robin didn't hate me. 

After all, Robin is my favorite character. 

I stood up and brushed off the dust on my sweater. 

I smiled, offering a hand to Robin. She took my hand, smiling back. 

"Remember, since it's the first day of school, you need to be careful; don't follow a random person just because they're nice to you!" 

I patted her head, reminding her. 

Robin pouted cutely, making my heart on the verge of exploding. 

"I know~ I'm only going to follow my Hana!" she gave a closed eyed smile. 

Lovestruck, I grabbed at my heart and internally screamed. How is my childhood friend so cute? Ugh, my heart can't handle this. 

I put on my pokerface and pulled Robin towards me. 

I pointed at Beaker Academy's huge gate.

"Come on, we have to go." I said.

|||

This class is the worst class I had in my whole life. 

17 boys, and 3 girls including me. 

So like, why is Sky Schwann sitting there, goddamnit! 

In the novel, Sky is supposed to join Beaker Academy one year later than Robin! I was lowering my guard down, thanks to that. 

My brain started functioning, leading up to one conclusion: I did something wrong. 

Basically, there's no way that the plot changed on its own.

I'm not stupid, so I know: I messed this up.

Maybe it's because I stayed too close to Robin? What did that change, though? Or, is it because I messed up the Schwann family's casino? 

Maybe. 

Yeah, that's it!

Sky is in this classroom because I gave information about the Schwann family's casino for receiving a mana stone. 

Sky probably came for earning money, I guess. 

Did I mention earlier? 

Since Beaker Academy is a prestigious Academy, they only accepted students with talent. Robin's talent is archery, and Narohana's talent was magic, but she wasn't able to learn it in Beaker Academy, so she got kicked out, of course. 

In this life, I am definitely not going to waste my talent. 

Anyways, because of this system, Beaker Academy provides a huge amount of money to the top 3 students who are good at controlling and using their talent. 

So some people might ask: Isn't the Schwann family really wealthy? Why do they need extra money? 

Well, the answer is pretty simple. 

It's because the duke and the duchess really enjoy wasting money on gambling. It was a basic backstory for the male lead, Sky Schwann. 

Sky Schwann, a pitiful male lead with bad parents! So pitiful! 

Haha, that's what the comment section was filled with. Quite obviously, I don't find Sky pitiful. 

I really love how all of the readers were ignoring Narohana's past and background, but shouted about Sky's parents. I mean, come on, Stella has a worse past. 

Just because Sky was in the position of the 'Main Male Lead', it doesn't make the other characters' traits or characteristics nonexistent. 

I really want to say that to the stupid biased readers. 

Tap. 

Suddenly, a soft tap was placed on my left shoulder. 

Robin. 

I stared, mouthing 'what is it'. 

At my reply, Robin started nervously fiddling with the hem of her school uniform. I patiently waited, thinking that Robin needed time to tell me the 'something'. 

Robin's stare lasted longer and longer, resulting in me breaking the silence. 

"Wha-" 

The classroom door slammed open. 

"Ms. Piece, why are you speaking when class is about to start?" 

...

"Sorry, Mr. Poe." I replied, cursing internally. 

|||

"Okay, it's break time, so tell me what you were about to say." I said, ready for an answer. At this, Robin smiled sheepishly and shook her head. 

I almost didn't see the small blush on her face.

Almost. 

Oh no, does she already have a crush on Sky? Was she about to ask me about him? I really hoped that was not the case because I could never let Sky have Robin. It's not like I had a crush on Sky, but I'm worried for Robin. 

Anyways, if it's true that Robin already has a crush on Sky, it's a huge problem. 

Robin is supposed to meet all of the male leads at once, and that's when her harem starts. However, this point is 1 year before the actual story starts, so it would be a problem if the whole harem thing didn't form.

Stella and Lina had to have a crush on Robin and start protecting her. 

I know that Robin's archery skills were extremely good, and that she could protect herself, but it was no doubt that she would die if she fought against a dragon. 

The dragon appears after the harem crap, so Sky, Stella, Lina and Robin work together to defeat the dragon. Robin does not get hurt in the process, all thanks to the boys in love. 

So, basically, if Robin doesn't even give a chance to Stella and Lina, they would give up, I think. Sky is not enough for killing a dragon. Seriously. 

I will train my magic for back up, just in case something goes wrong, but it's only a back up plan. 

Robin shouldn't love Sky too early. 

I inhaled, grabbing Robin's hands. 

Robin looked up, a look of surprise and an expression I can't read mixed up in her face. 

I opened my mouth.

"Robin, listen to me carefully." I said in a small voice, making Robin nod. 

"Do not. Trust. Sky Schwann. He is not a good person." 

Proud of what I just did, I gave a sad smile to Robin. However, Robin wasn't looking at me. Instead, she was looking past me with a worried expression. I turned around, finding a sight that I would never forget in my whole life. 

Sky Schwann had tears in his eyes.