Chapter 4

|||

"Huh?"

My voice rang through the silent hallway, startling me. 

Stella was back to his normal self, smiling widely. As I expected, he simply turned away, leaving the unconscious Sky and me alone. 

?

Right, Sky was knocked out. 

I sweat-dropped, looking at Sky. 

Do I really need to carry him to his dorm? 

Just as I tried to carry Sky in bride style, he was snatched away from my arms. 

...

"Don't touch him." Stella said.

||| 

How does Stella know of Investor L's existence? 

Does that mean..

That he knows about my illegal actions? 

Did the 'I won't report you' mean that he wouldn't report my illegal actions, or me breaking the rules? 

Everything is so confusing. 

Just as I was about to step into the classroom, I realized that there was no one there. I quickly opened the door and stepped inside. 

Weird, all of the textbooks were there, but the students were gone. 

...Wait. 

Is today.. the festival day? 

Yay, it's the day that marks the end of a semester! Don't worry, everything is fine except for the fact that I had a speech to say in the festival, and that I forgot so I didn't go! 

I gulped, quickly activating transportation magic.

Illegal, but it's fine because I would be going to the garden instead of going straight to the festival. 

|||

"Wow, there you are." Robin said, with her arms crossed and her cheeks puffed. 

I wanted to shout out to the world that Robin is cute, but I kept it in because Robin actually looked disappointed. 

I awkwardly chuckled. 

"There was a small~~~ problem!" I replied, trying to lighten up Robin's mood. At this, Robin shook her head, opening her arms. 

A signal for me to hug her, I guess. 

I quickly hugged Robin and tried to let go, but of course, as expected, she held on tight. 

"Um..~" I said. 

There was silence, but comfortable silence. I tried to enjoy that comfort, until someone just had to break it. 

"Boo." 

"!!!" 

I jolted in surprise, almost tripping. 

I turned to glare at the person behind me, but I questioned my eyes when I saw Stella standing there. With Sky. 

This confused me a lot; Stella and Sky were supposed to be competing in the swordsmanship area, but clearly, they weren't. 

What. 

Additionally, the voice who tried to surprise me sounded awfully similar to Stella, but it couldn't be. The Stella trying jokes? No, never. But.. It's not like Sky is like that either. 

Eventually, it seemed useless to figure out that one thing, so I stopped thinking about it. 

|||

I ended up getting detention for 1 week. 

However, since our first semester ended, and we have to return home for one month, my 'detention' was canceled. 

Ha, now I can rest with nothing else to worry about! 

I whistled as I reached my shelter, creaking open the small, old door. I smiled. To add insult to injury, Narohana's parents don't even care about Naro; they literally gave her an abandoned shelter to stay in while attending Beaker Academy. 

They didn't use any money for me, because I joined Beaker Academy out of pure talent. The money I earn from the academy goes to my parents, I won't get it no matter what. 

Even though Naro was a villainess in the original novel, her background made me understand why she was so desperate to get affection from someone. 

I respect the original Naro; I don't know how she coped with that thing 7 years ago. The fact that  her parents blamed Naro for what happened, and the fact that they didn't do anything to get Naro away from that maid.. 

I really hated that experience. 

If I got to meet the original Naro, I really want to ask questions. 

How did you bear with your inhumane parents? 

Because, I really can't.

Why were you so mean to Robin? 

Robin was the first 'real' friend you ever had.

What was the image of you on a cliff, getting a love proposal? 

If you were so desperate for affection, why didn't you accept him? 

|||

"..."

"..."

"Hello?" I said, trying to break the silence.  

"..."

I kept my smile on, hiding my frustration. 

"Naro~?" I said, in a playful manner. 

The girl in front of me flinched, staring at me. Her facial expression said, 'don't call me Naro'. I smiled at her obviousness. 

I wanted to find a way to talk more to her, but it seemed like Narohana didn't really like me. I don't blame her for that. 

"Naro, are you really going to keep ignoring me?" I asked, slight disappointment mixed in my voice. Finally, Naro broke. 

"Excuse me? When did we even become friends? We only met once, accidentally!" Naro shouted cutely, making me laugh. It seems like that made Naro even more annoyed. 

"Hey! What are you laughing for!" 

I returned to my poker face, clearing my throat. I had a hard time trying to keep my laugh in, looking at Naro's trembling figure.

It's probably because she was mad at me, but still, it was cute. 

After a long moment, the door opened, revealing Penny. I guess Penny finally decided to enter the old shelter. 

I snickered at the girly face. 

Penny scowled at me, and I replied with a bright smile. 

As Penny turned away from me, I also turned away from her to look at Naro's expression. 

As expected, her face showed pure agony. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. 

"..."

"What are you doing here." Naro said, flabbergasted. At this, Penny stared at her in pity. 

Penny tried an awkward smile, making me wince.

"Hey.." 

"..."

"Pfffft!" 

I gulped down the laugh threatening to spill out. 

"Nice to meet you, Narohana Piece." I opened my eyes. "My name is Stella Neoheart, and this is Penny Neoheart." I inhaled, offering a hand. 

"Please take care of us; we're going to stay in your shelter for a while." 

"...What did you just say?" 

|||