eleven

******

ZURI HAD BEEN ENJOYING Paul's company. It had been some days now they had been going to their spot on the beach. She enjoyed listening to the waves while being pressed on his warm skin. Since Zuri wasn't apart of the pack she could still hang with Jake and Quil. Zuri remembered the phone call Jake and her had when Embry had to stop hanging out with him and Quil. He was devastated. Zuri would hang out with the duo and have the pretend that she didn't know what was going on. Quil was getting caught up in other stuff since Jake had ditched him for none other than Bella Swan.

Zuri had found out that the Cullens left and that left her all depress and what not. Zuri felt for the girl seeing how attached Bella had seemed to be to the Cullen boy. One day while over at Jake's Bella came in her beat up pick up truck and brought old, rusty and worn out bikes. They were all normal one day. The three of them worked on the bikes till they were ready to be ridden on. Of course, Bella was in her thrill seeking mood and rushed to ride and fell off. Zuri and Jake had rushed over to help but she was fine.

Zuri cannot complain that there wasn't any eventful days. Currently, she was in her room cleaning up. While cleaning up Zuri came across a necklace her mother had given her as a sixteenth birthday gift. How her mother got it, she'll never know. As Zuri went to touch it she was brought back to somewhere she'd never seen.

The were flappers and men in penguin suits dancing the night away. Several glasses of champagne were being drunk and kisses were being shared. As she turned to get a glimpse of everything she saw the pale boy. Edward Cullen. He looked at her and smiled. Noticing the attire of the scene she knew she was in the year of the 20's or 30's, but she couldn't understand how she got here. Edward walked towards her and let out his hand for her to take.

"You look ravishing  Gail." He spoke. Zuri looked at him confused. Why her grandmother's name.

"The amulet suits you."  He smiled.

Before the scene continued Zuri was brought back into present time.

"Z." Zac waved his hand in front of her face.

"Hm?" She asked him still out of it.

"Dad's been calling you for the past five minutes. Dinner's ready." He stated walking out confused by his sister's behavior.

As she arrived downstairs she sat down and a plate of spaghetti was placed in front of her. "Enjoy it's a new recipe." Sean beamed excitedly. She smiled and swirled her fork with noodles before inserting it into her mouth.

"Delicious." She told him. Sean smiled missing the family time.

Zac continued looking at Zuri all dinner wanting to know what trance she was in earlier.

"What happened upstairs Zuri?" Zac asked out the blue.

"Nothing. I was thinking." She quickly corrected her brother.

Zac didn't believe her. "You looked like you were out of it. That's all."

"Paul hasn't done anything has he?" Xavier asked protectively.

Zuri shook her head quickly not wanting any harm to come to him. "No. I'm fine, promise." She smiled.

"I don't believe you." Zac spit back. Zuri dropped her fork and sighed.

"Okay, what do you think is wrong then?" Zuri asked wanting to hear the answer. Zac became  agitated.

"I don't know that's why I asked." He ranted.

"I'm fine, I was day dreaming it's a normal thing to do." Zuri replied. Zac squinted his eyes and dropped the conversation.

"So um, Jake called me yesterday. He and Bella wanted to invite me to go to the movies with them." Zuri told her dad.