twenty one

ZURI WAS IN HER ROOM READING A BOOK ABOUT WITCHES, till this day she never knew what she was fully capable of. She was back to ignoring her family as she didn't want to address the elephant in the room. How she stabbed her father with multiple knives. With her mind.

Sean didn't even care about himself. He just wanted his daughter to be okay and he could clearly see that she wasn't. She was also annoyed by Jacob's constant calling as Bella went to visit her mom in Florida. She was sick of hearing the concern about the pale girl. If the girl came back a vampire great, if she didn't Zuri still didn't care. She was glad that last night was the night Bella retuned, maybe she could get some peace and quiet from Jacob's obsessive behavior.

Another reason Zuri was keeping her distant is because she kept seeing the posters about the missing kid, Riley. She knew who behind it all but she felt like it didn't concern her. She was more focused on Victoria getting the revenge she rightfully deserved from Bella. Zuri was deep in her thoughts when her dad walked in. Till this day she can't look him in the eye.

As she turned around to face the window Sean sighed and sat on her bed, "I don't blame you Zuri. You can't control your powers yet. It wasn't your fault. I know how much emotion can get to someone. Your brothers went through it, I went though it. Remember, I almost killed your mom."

Zuri faced her dad, "It's different."

Sean was confused. "How so Zuri?"

"I wanted you dead at the moment. I felt some kind of joy seeing those knives impale you. But dad that wasn't me in the moment. It's like something else takes over. Sometimes I remember things other times I don't." Zuri cried explaining.

Sean took a deep breath taking everything that he had just heard in.

"Zuri, I'll do anything that'll get you some help. I can't imagine what you're going through."

Zuri just nodded wiping her tears.

"But I am going to help you figure this out alright. I'm not mad at you and Miranda isn't either, she was just worried. Don't take what happened personal." Sean said kissing Zuri on her forehead before leaving her back to her peace.

Zuri laid back onto her bed facing the ceiling, she was filled with too many emotions to think clearly. So she went to the only spot she knew would make her calm. The beach.

Zuri sat on a rock listening to the waves crash against the rocks. The moon was out and bright and the air was crisp. She was in a semi-happy place. She thought she was alone when she heard and felt someone come up behind her.

"Hey." The deep voice said.

"Yes Paul?" She asked while continuing to look out at the waves.

Paul invited himself to sit next to her on the rock.

"I heard what happened." He stated looking at her even though she wouldn't even glance at him.

Paul took in how beautiful her chocolate skin looked under the moonlight and how her curls blew in the wind. He reminded himself that she was his imprint but he had done her dirty and she had rejected him. He hated on what he did to her and felt that some of the emotions she was feeling was his fault.

"I'm sorry." He spoke softly.

Zuri chuckled. "For what?" Still not looking at him.

"Everything. I guess there's a pretty hefty list." Paul laughed.

Zuri chuckled along with him. "Guess so." 

Soon her laugh turned into a cry. He took the opportunity to wrap his arms around her as she continued to cry harder. Zuri didn't move. In fact, she leaned in taking in the opportunity to feel someone's embrace. To feel wanted.

"Let it out Zuri." He spoke softly kissing her forehead.

"I don't mean to offend you, but Paul I wish I didn't know any of this. The wolves, the vampires, the witch business. I had enough already and adding this just has become too much." Zuri confessed. 

"My old life may hadn't been great but, this, this is way too much for me to handle." She cried once more.

"My mom wouldn't be in a mental facility if it wasn't for her coming her and Ty would still be human. Paul this world turns everyone else's upside down and it's not fair! I have to go attend's Ty's funeral back home knowing he's 'alive and well'. To hear his mom breakdown like that and knowing that her son is here. I can't anymore Paul." Zuri got off her chest.

"Z." Paul began.

"Then don't get me started on the fact I almost killed my dad, and enjoyed it." She sighed.

"That wasn't you Zuri." Paul tried comforting her.

"Then who was it Paul? I don't have a alter ego or a different side of me. That was me Paul." Zuri stated sternly.

Paul put both hands on her face and turned her to face him. "Zuri, it is a lot. I cant sugarcoat that, but you're not alone in this. I'm here, your brother's, the pack. You don't have to go through this alone. Each and every one of us boys went through what you're feeling. The feeling of too much. I personally couldn't handle the heightened emotions." Paul stated.

Zuri continued to look into his eyes. "We will take one day at a time Z." Paul stated looking at her. "Alright?" He asked, wanting to her her agree.

"Yea, okay" She smiled at him leaning into his chest.

The two stayed this way for a while. Just listening to the waves crash against the rocks and the sound of the wind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Hey y'all. I'm back. I had a lot going on personally to where I couldn't update or find the energy to do anything then be in my bed.

I wanna catch up with y'all. Let me know how y'all have been doing whether it's work, school or just life. 😁

 Also, I had to go back and read my book to write this chapter and I want to shout out some consistent commenters.

thebadas1

&

OnyxLotus18

Thank y'all for pretty much almost commenting on every chapter. 💚

Also, have y'all seen Avatar: The way of Water ?

I've always loved Avatar. In fact, it's one of my favorite movies. So yea, I've jumped about the Neteyam ship and pretty much have been reading a lot of those. So, I've been inspired and starting writing a book on him🤭.

 Anyways, till the next update.

~Txmbxy_🤎