thirteen

ZURI WAS COMPLETELY SHOCKED. She didn't know whether to hug her, yell, or close the door in her face.

"I wanted to surprise you for your birthday." Eve started. Zuri was still silent at footsteps came up behind her.

"MOM?" Zac asked shocked.

"Hey sweetie." She stated smiling seeing her son for the first time in years.

Zuri looked at Zac who had also had this look of shock on his face. "Well do you mind if I come in? It's kinda cold." Eve asked.

Zac let the woman in and Zuri went back to the kitchen where the kettle was screaming signaling the water was done boiling. "Who was at the-." Xavier started but stopped seeing his mom.

"Well if it isn't my oldest." She groaned. Sean and Eve came down the steps and were surprised as well.

"Eve!?" Sean asked in shock seeing his ex.

"In the flesh." She smiled before frowning at Miranda.

"Makayla." She spat.

"Her name's Miranda and you'll treat her with some respect while you're in our house." Sean snapped back.

Zuri sitting in the love seat sipping tea watching the commotion. "Why are you here?" Xavier asked.

"Wanted to surprise the twins for their birthday." She answered looking at Zac and Zuri. Sean scoffed and laughed.

"Why didn't you call?" He asked.

"For you to tell me no? I'm grown and I do what I want for my kids." Eve snapped.

Sean breathed in trying to calm down. "Where do you plan on staying tonight because you can't sleep here."

Zuri snapped at her dad. "Dad?!" She yelled.

"If she's so grown, she can find a place to stay." Xavier yelled directing it towards his mom.

"It's cold and she's pregnant." Zac added. Xavier was shocked at the defense Zac was giving their mother.

"She got here, she can find her way." Xavier spat before going upstairs.

Eve sighed and smiled at Zuri sadly. "There's a hotel in Forks. I'll get a room there."

Sean and Miranda nodded. "Come back tomorrow. It's late and they have school tomorrow." Miranda informed Eve.

Zac went upstairs as Sean and Miranda followed. "I'll go with you tonight. I can go to school from there." Zuri offered. "Plus I have questions." She finished.

Eve nodded and let Zuri get some stuff for the night. Xavier heard the shuffling and stopped by her room. "Where are you going?" He asked pointing to the overnight bag.

"With mom to the hotel tonight. I'll be back tomorrow." She informed her older brother. He rolled his eyes and treaded back to his room. Sean had met her at the bottom of steps. "If anything happens call me." He began. Zuri assumed Eve informed him of her coming with her for the night.

"I'm her mother. She'll be fine." Eve spoke angrily.

"If that was the case, you'd still have custody of her. No?" Sean asked smiling sarcastically.

"Dad. Stop please." Zuri begged turning to face her mom. "Ready?" She asked her mom.

Eve smiled at they left the house and got into the rental car. After the 20 minute drive to the hotel Eve was able to find a room and check them in. As they settled and took showers Zuri began to speak but Eve cut her off.

"You wanna know about your grandmother." She answered. Zuri was taken back by how her mother knew.

"To answer your question. Yes she is a witch. and I guess you're something different." Eve consoled her daughter.