#10

Chapter 10- Unedited

We all stared at them wide eyed no one dared to say anything, we knew this was coming but we never thought it would be this soon. Paul took my hand in his and squeezed it hard, Ethan on the other hand stood up and marched in front of the elderly men.

"It is I who is to be executed" Lisa became frenetic and screamed running towards Ethan

"It is not up to you to chose who is to die, its a decision made by the guard and we have decided that the new edition to your family is to be executed" the leader said

"But that cannot be," James argued

"James my friend even you know that the laws of the elementals state that twins cannot posses the same element, it is a threat to our people" the leader explained.

My heart was beating furiously in my heart, I could not believe that this is how it will all end that I will die like this, it was to much for me to process. I felt Paul's heart breaking when he looked at me, it was like he was the one sentenced to death and I was crushed by the thought of living him. I couldn't help but feel that my instinct had a mind of its own, it seems to my instinct that today was not really the day for me to die.

Paul stood up and looked at the leaders with so much sadness it was hard to watch.

"Can I at least get one more night with her" he said sincerely 

"I'm afraid you cant son, the time has come. We've given you enough nights together " the leader replied

"Then she is not going anywhere, rule or no rule she is my mate, the luna of this pack and as an alpha I say none of the twins is to be killed" Paul said proudly and I was touched by his words, I wondered if at all they would listen to him.

"Paul you cant go against the guardians of the elementals, I'm afraid they don't answer to you," James tried explain to Paul but he just shook his head furiously, I understood his frustration but I knew there was nothing I can do about it, if these people wanted me dead then that's whats going to happen.

"I'll go," I said in a small voice standing up and laying my hand on Paul's shoulders.

"You don't have to" he said to me

"I'm afraid I do, if this is my destiny then let it be" I said putting a bold face. I wasn't afraid of dying.

Paul looked at me long and hard, after sometime he leans in and kisses me with so much force, I start crying not because he is hurting me but because it hurts knowing that I wont see him ever again in my life.

We pull apart and he wipes my tears with his palm and I realize he has tears of his own.

"I'm sorry" he whispers and pulls me into a hug

"Its almost midnight, we should get going" the leader says

Ethan comes over and embraces me in a hug, "I'm so sorry I let you down" he says to me.

"Its not your fault Ethy" I reply

"I love you"

"I love you"

Everyone takes turns saying their goodbyes until I'm led into the forest with the guardians but none of my family is allowed to follow me because of some stupid rule. I walk with them in silent and I cant shake the feeling that something horrible is going to happen its like I'm walking towards an ambush.

"We are so glad you came with us," the leader said walking beside. We were now deep into the forest and nearing a small clearing, my heart still hurt from living the ones I love behind.