#20

Okay... I'm sorry this is late. I want to finish this before I write my finals so I will probably be updating as frequently as I can so that I can  finish this before the end of the month.

When I'm done, I'll edit it from the beginning, making some adjustments here and there while I work on the second book... Yes the second book in the The Age of Elementals series ;)

Anyway.. Here is Chapter 20

Vote, vote and vote

..........................

"Is everything okay?" Paul said busting through the door. Kyle growled at him and I gave him a pointed look. Since Rose wasn't here I had could talk some sense into him. Even if she wasn't here I did still feel my feet pinned down on the bed.

"Nothing, I was just having a bad dream and Kyle was just checking if I was okay" it wasn't a lie, I had been having a very bad dream.

Paul moved towards my bed and I froze, oblivious to my reaction he came and set next to me on my bed, embracing me in a hug causing Kyle to slam the door behind him.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around most of the time but I promise its all going to change" he whispered in my ear

"Its okay" I said resisting the edge to shudder

"I can sleep with you if it will help you sleep"

"No" I said too quickly "I mean I just need to be alone for now" I covered up

"Sure no problem, just shout if you need me" He said getting up and giving me a peck in the lips"Goodnight"

"Goodnight" When he left I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

After a few moments of deep breaths Rose appeared on the foot of my bed where she had been a while ago

"I'm sorry" she said removing her hands on my feet and that's when I realized I was crying. She came over and set next to me wiping some of my tears with her hands while I rest my head on her shoulder.

"But why?" I asked no one in particular

"I'm still trying to put the pieces together myself. I've been working on removing that spell since it was cast on Ethan and your family and its only now I had a breakthrough" She explained. She cupped my cheeks and looked me in the eye.

"We will figure this all out okay? All I want is for you to pretend that you don't know anything, go on as if everything is normal. When it is time to strike, we will do it, just be patient" She instructed. I just nodded my head against her shoulder, sniffling.

"Go to sleep, Its only 1am. When you wake up I will be waiting together with everyone who loves you" She said kissing my forehead and disappearing.

I didn't know if ever I will fall asleep, I kept tossing and turning but I wasn't thinking about the betrayal I felt, I was just thinking about a certain blond with sea blue eyes. Kyle.

........................................

"Its eleven already, I think we should wake her up" I heard hushed voices in my room

"No, we should let her sleep" I heard Ethan whisper to whoever was in the room

"Don't you want answers?" The other voice asked

"I do but remember this is harder for her" Ethan whispered back. I opened my eyes slightly and found Jane, Zoe and Ethan standing by my window looking at the view outside with their backs on me.