#2

Chapter 2 - Unedited

After almost an hour of growling stomach and internal battle of whether I should eat the food, I finally gave in to the hunger and started eating. The food was great, and I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

After eating, I walked into the bathroom and relieve myself. They had a nice bathroom; the entire room was pleasant with modern furniture.

I stopped beside the mirror and took in my appearance. I looked like a dying squirrel; I don't really know how it looks, but really, I looked like an animal that's on the verge of dying. My green eyes were dull and greyish, my brown hair was sticking out in every direction and I had dark circle under my eyes. With a long sign, I ran my hands through my wild brown hair and splashed water on my face.

I left the bathroom and went out of the room. I knew little about the people who kidnapped me and why am even here. This didn't look like a place to hold people prisoners like in the movies, it looked like actual people lived here; I mean, they gave me breakfast in bed. Something is just not right here.

I found the staircase in the middle of the long hallway and walked downstairs. I don't know what I was expecting, really I don't, maybe I expected a serial killer sharpening his knife or maybe a bunch of skeletons hanging on the ceiling but no, I was greeted with a different sight. There in the living room sat two guys and a girl, and they were playing video games. Trust me, after you're kidnapped, this is definitely not what you expect.

"Oh, hey, you're up." The girl exclaimed when she noticed me standing by the door. She didn't even pause the game as she attacked me into a hug. I just stood there awkwardly, pressed against her chest.

"Lisa, leave the poor girl alone." One guy told her, and she let me go but still had her hands on my shoulder.

"Oh my, you really are pretty." she gushed, and I almost rolled my eyes. If anything, she was the pretty one with her short brown hair and warm grey eyes. She was even taller than me.

She then took my hand and led me to the couch where she was sitting a while ago.

"Okay this Jared and Michael, but you can call him Mike." She introduced the two guys she was sitting with. Mike had pitch black hair, pale skin with a pair of blue eyes and a lot of piercings. Jarred on the other hand, was friendly looking with brown hair and warms chocolate brown eyes, he was fairly good looking.

Mike shot me a harsh glare, taking me by surprise. If anything, I am the one who was supposed to have that look.

"Hi there." Jarred greeted with a smile, and I smile nervously at him. I was supposed to be looking for an escape, not making friends.

"Ah, I see you woke up." An old man said as he strolled into the living room, using his crane to support him. Even with his hunched shoulders, he seemed tall.

"Can you children excuse us, please?" He said turning to the others who didn't object.

After they left, the old man took a sit beside me, grinning at me. He had grey hair and green eyes like mine, but his were tired and weary.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"What am I doing here?" That was the first thing that left my mouth. Call me rude or whatever, but I wanted to know why I was there to begin with. Who are these people?

He chuckles under his breath before he answers me. "One of my men brought you here."

Something inside me snaps, and I stand up, glaring at the old man. "You kill my parents and then you have the nerve to sit here and pretend like everything makes sense!" I yelled at him. Is he mad?

"Calm down, I'm not the enemy here and trust me, the last thing I would do is to hurt you and your parents," he said calmly, but I was way past the point of calming down.

"Don't tell me to calm down."

"That was rather rude, especially to a man who saved your life." A voice said from behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a guy who looks to be my age.

"And who do you think you are?" I asked with a raised brow. Like really, what's up with these people acting like they know who I am and thinking they may tell me what I should do?

"Who am I?" he asked with a dry laugh like he can't believe I just asked him that. "Well news flash princess, I am your brother and the old man is your damn grandfather. We risked our lives saving your sorry ass yesterday and you come here and act like a rude, spoiled brat!" He yelled in my face.

My heart stops. I don't have a brother, I've always been the only child and my grandparents have passed away a long time ago. Then what is he talking about?

"Ethan, calm down now," the old man told him before turning his attention to me. "Try to remember that Eleanor knows nothing about us."

"And I have a right to get mad, considering all the things I just went through for the last couple of hours." I gave Ethan a glare.

He at least has the decency to look sorry as it all dawns on him, "I'm sorry, James."

"Eleanor, you can go freshen up and then we will talk soon, don't be afraid, this is your home." James said with a kind smile.

He then turns o leave the room followed by Ethan who can't even look at me in the eye. I stare at them as they leave and wonder what in the hell is going on here because instead of explaining, they left me with more questions than answers.

When they're gone, I take that as my cue to leave. I will find my parents' murderers even if I have to do it alone.

⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙

Please Vote and Comment