#3

Chapter 3 - Unedited

The following morning I woke up much earlier, the clock on my nightstand told me it was five in the morning. I am still in the clothes I was in the day before yesterday and yesterday.

Yesterday, after I had that awkward encounter with James and Ethan, I had come up to the bedroom and locked the door. They tried to get me to get me to go downstairs for food, but I had remained upstairs on a hunger strike and I regretted every minute of it.

I wanted to look around the place since it appeared I will stay here for quite some time. I still have questions to ask. How was it possible that I have a twin brother? My parents never told me any of that. What about the people who killed them? Did James send them since he said something like wanting to see me and what not?
But if mom was his daughter, why would he have her killed? This made little sense.

I made my way down the hallway and out through what I believe is the front door. The whole yard was big and covered with snow and was in the middle of nowhere, it looked to be the only house since I couldn't spot any other house and it was covered by a forest. I made my way into the forest, I always loved the woods, they were creepy for some people I know but I just love how free I always felt when I was in the middle of the forest, with the smell of trees and the damp earth. As I walked further inside, it felt as though someone was watching me. I could feel their eyes burning holes at my back but I continue moving forward.

"You know you shouldn't be out here alone" a now familiar voice says from behind, startling me. I turn around to see Ethan leaning by the tree behind me . He is wearing grey sweat pants and a black t-shirt. Like me he has brown hair and green eyes and I really do see the similarities between us, he is honestly like a male version of me it's actually freaky

"You are creepy you know that?" I tell with an eye roll.

"Eleanor, I think we got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry" he said rather serious. I just nodded my head in agreement, I'm really not one to hold grudges.

"I am sorry for all the attitude yesterday, so I would like to make it up to you by telling you a thing or two about our family" I nod in agreement, there's a lot I wanna know anyway. We walk further into the forest in silence until we reach a meadow, we sit on some rocks near a pine tree.

"Once upon a time, far far away there was-" I cut him off.

"You cant be serious" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Sorry it seemed like an appropriate way to start the story" He laughs and I laugh with him.

"Well anyway. Do you know anything about werewolves?" I nod in agreement remembering the time I had to write about myths back in seventh grade and beside I was a fan of that type of fiction so I did know a few things about werewolves.

"I read about them, yes" I replied

"Don't freak out or anything, for someone who had lived a normal life it might be a little bit hard to take in" he looks and me with a concerned look. I nod for him to continue.

"I- I mean we belong to a family of werewolves," I stare at him for sometime waiting for him to tell me he is joking but the look in his eyes suggest that he isn't joking at all. First they kill my parents, tell me I have a twin and now I'm a wolf! What the actual fuck.

"And I'm suppose to believe that because?" I ask with my eyebrow raised.

"Why would I lie to you?" He asks giving me a flat look

"Okay lets say that I do believe this nonsense, why haven't I shown sighs of being a wolf and why haven't I turned yet?" I fold my arms across my chest waiting for him to answer.

"Okay let me finish my story then you ask questions," he answers with a small smile, I gesture for him to continue, "Usually we are able to shift into wolves at the age of sixteen but in order to do it you need to know and be able to communicate with the wolf inside of you. But we are also special and-" I cut him off again

"What kind of special" I ask

"What did I say about questions?" he teases but I give him a flat look, "Right so we are also Elementals, you know fire, air, earth and water. We can control these elements" he explains

"Great. So what are you?" I ask curious to know. If he is telling the truth then he should be able to show me

"I can control the water element" Ethan replies with so much pride.

"Show me" I dare him

"Okay" he smirks and holds his palm in front of me he snaps his fingers and water starts coming out of his palms, he makes it dance in his hand just to show off. I stare at him with wide eyes. This is really happening right? Maybe I am still sleeping, that is the only explanation I have.

"You believe me now?" I close my mouth and open it again, when nothing comes out of my mouth I just nod. We sit in silence for a while

"So who else is an elemental here? Or is it everyone?" I'm just curious, I add in my head.

"Its not everyone. Its just our family. Granddad's children and their children and their children's children and their children-" I shoot him a glare which shut him up.

"You get the point" he chuckle

"So why haven't I shifted?" I ask him

"Because you didn't know you were one of us, the shifting becomes more easy If you know" he replies. I guess it makes sense

"So granddad and I decided we have to train you and all that so that you are able to shift and use your element what ever it is but right now since you are here, we should probably start with the shifting part" I swallow hard at that.

Sure I want to do this but how am I gonna do this, I mean how would you react if your being told that you are some kind of supernatural being and you have to put that into to test right now. Ethan must have sensed my discomfort because he wrapped his hand around my shoulder for reassurance .

"Don't be afraid, its easy all you have to do is to clear your mind and allow yourself to be connected with the wolf inside of you and let it take control," Wow he says like its the most obvious thing in the world, how thoughtful of him.

"Okay just follow my lead, I'm gonna run and when I signal you to jump you do it and allow the whole wolf connecting thing" He says ready to run.

I stand up and nod in agreement he starts running and I follow suite we run for a few seconds before he mentions its time. I clear my mind and jump, I close my eyes and soon enough I can hear something like a bones cracking but I don't shift instead I land on the ground face first. Shit that hurts.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asks me as he helps me off the ground.

"No I think I broke something" I flinch when I feel a sharp pain on my wrist

"Let's try it again, this time try to focus real hard" he said while walking beside me.

"But I was focused" I argue

"I would like to get into an argument with you but not now" he glares at me. I roll my eyes and try again. Ethan runs ahead of me he mentions for me to jump this time I feel the whole transformation, I fall on my knees and let out a scream when my bones start cracking, to say it hurt would be an understatement of the century, I close my eyes and let out another scream as my bones crack further. After what seems like an agonizing hour I feel myself get into the full transformation of a wolf. It hurts and I let out a small wolfy groan. Ethan has changed too. His fur is a nice shade of brown, he comes to stand beside me.

'I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you its gonna hurt' I hear him say inside my head. I jump a little when I hear a voice inside my head, it feels weird being in a foreign skin. I am still waiting for the shock to settle in but the adrenaline is still running high.

'Thanks for the heads up' I say with sarcasm. He let out what sounds like a chuckle and runs, I follow after him. We run for some time before shifting back into human, my bones are still hurting and of course Ethan didn't tell me I would be naked after that. I honestly have a supportive twin brother.

.