random shot

Walking into the giant building bani expected to see her love veer. It had been months and he was always busy with work; coming home very later and leaving very very early. The only time she'd see him was when he came home late and needed a de-stress.

Of course that's not how it was but that's how she felt. She felt used— to a certain extent, she couldn't complain since she was living with him and he was paying but she never asked him to do that. She could perfectly do that on her own. All she wanted was for him to be there. It wasn't always like this. He was always caring and careful and a god in bed; however, the past few months he has been absent from her life.

So here was bani walking into his office for lunch. She finally built up the courage to ask him what was up and brought comfort food if it didn't end well. She was scared. She loved him. He was the only man she had ever loved. He was always there for her. Always. He loved her and she couldn't help but feel the tears form at the thought of their departing.

It was her birthday and all she wanted to do was spend a lunch with her boyfriend before they had to go to her parents house party.

The elevator finally hits his floor and she tried to confidently walk to his office. As she made a swift turn and was met with his secretary.

"Hello mayuri." bani smiled. bani hated mayuri but mayuri's dad was veer's fathers best friend, so she had to work there. bani tried to ignore the constant thought of mayuri and Veer together all the time; she tried to not let it bother her.

"bani, I'm guessing you are here to see veeru huh?" mayuri smirked.

bani grew heated but knew she had to stay calm. She smiled and hummed nodding her head yes.

"Well I am afraid to tell you that me and Veeru will be going out in 20 minutes for lunch." She pouted.

"Then he has strict meetings from then on. I am sorry bani, maybe tomorrow?" mayuri pouted sinisterly.

"I told you not to call me that mayuri." They hear a growl from behind. banis cheeks heat up and the warmth of veer fills her presence. She turns around with a smile met with the dark essence of her love. She was beaming as she missed him.

"I-I brought us lunch!" She exclaims, hoping that he would cancel his lunch with mayuri and spend it with her. His face drops as he looks at her, then the bag.

"I'm sorry baby, but I have an important lunch I have to go to today. How about tomorrow and all next week hm?" He says as he pulls her into his chest kissing her forehead.

"I miss you." He whispers.

Her face drops. Her hearts aches.

An important lunch with mayuri?

"S-Sure. I-I c-can come in t-tomorrow." She stutters looking at the ground.

He hadn't even remembered her birthday.

"A-Actually I-I-I-I think my car ride is still out front. S-So just let me- let me go run and try to catch that before it leaves. S-See you at mamas." She smiles and quickly scurries away.

She didn't know if it was the pregnancy hormones or what but she was feeling extra sad today. Had she told Vince she was pregnant yet? No. Was she scared he was going to leave if she did tell him? Yes.

Veer's heart broke when he saw the look on her face at the rejection but he couldn't wait any longer. Her ring was finally finished and he wanted to grab it right away. He sat there thinking he should've waited an hour or canceled one of his meetings but she had left already.

She drove home with the food in her hand and the tears spilling onto the brown bag. She was no longer hungry anyway.

——————————