5 (part 2)

"Its nice to meet you grandfather." I made up my mind and said back with a very business like smile. A flash of amusement passed his eyes. I am sure this guy will not treat me bad since I am his heir but that doesn't mean he will see me as his grand daughter. I don't know anything about him. my speculations are all based on the novel (which is practically usless since it focuses on Athanasia) and my understanding basic human nature.

"You are nothing like that bastard at first glance but the way you smile is similar." he said leaning back a little and started eating.

I froze and processed what he said. did he just say I smile like my biological father? but who is it? Claude or Anastacius? Ugh!! I was internally very confused but my expression outside was very blank. "Eat." He reminded.

That was our first meeting. He then tested my knowledge by asking questions and observed me a little. Then he send me away for my training and studies. My impression on him was not bad. He was very through person by the way he questioned. My thoughts that day consist of why did he mention my father but not my mother? what happened to mother?

The next day he called me to his study in the evening. He informed that they will be leaving to capital in a month.

I had many sleepless night thinking about my mother in this world. In my last life I had a family of three including my parents. They were very good in my opinion. They thought me well. But, they unfortunately left the world young because of an accident when they went on a vacation. Thinking about them and my current mom depresses me.

"Maximillium what happened to mother?" I asked a week before our depature to capital. I was having tea in the garden looking at the beautiful sunset. The sky shade was same as my hair...... same as my mothers hair. Red.

(A/n: The view is up in the starting!)

"My lady she was came upon an illness and died when you were young baby." He reculantly answered. I was suprised that he answerd.

"What? How?" I involuntarily asked back.